cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting To Find Call Logs?

kutzki
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had about 5 phone call conversations in the last several days, well more than that but this is just about those 5, that ranged in length of time from about 30 minutes to 2.5 hours. I can not find them in my history at all. Why is that?

20 REPLIES 20

kutzki
I agree, and that's perfectly OK with me. I don't need them to do it repeatedly... I need it once. I'll use the apps you mentioned. Thanks @srlawren. My apologies for the spelling error.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c wrote:

If your billing clients for hours...

*you're.  Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

If your billing clients for hours there are a ton of really good apps available for that @kutzki

The Public call log has been a mess for years & Telus has made no attempt to clean it up

Even assuming mods could help you this time it is doubtful they would do it repeatedly so I would suggest looking into alternatives

kutzki

This has gotten a bit out of hand, all I want is a staff member... again @CS_Agent can someone contact me? I need those call logs for work. Kind of ridiculous that your record keeping is so buggy considering the fact that some people need that for records of their bills, etc. (If their hours are billable, and they spend those hours on the phone), just saying.

mattdxb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've always found the usage/logging page to be very lacking and difficult to use. I can understand the lack of phone support but online self serve should be a bit more refined. Hopefully, it can get a refresh sometime in the near future. 

@ute1978 just to show how buggy it is, this is my current history

I am on the $120 12GB plan

See the call that was supposedly placed to SK despite my living in ON & being on a provincial plan with no long distance add on? (I blanked out the numbers obviously but the province is clearly listed)

Time stamps are not even in order and some are repeated (it looks like I have 2 incoming calls and 1 outgoing call all made at same time! Trust me I would know if I setup some weird conference call lol)

use.jpg

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kav2001c wrote:

@ute1978 nice in theory BUT Public call history is often inaccurate or not being updated in real time

(even in your example of an excel spreadsheet, its not even that simple to cut/paste since sometimes I have seen Public leave columns out they have irregular lengths)

I've been doing it for 1.5 years with no issues. Never had issues with columns.

And the calls always match the used minutes from my long distance add on I can see in the transaction overview.

@ute1978 nice in theory BUT Public call history is often inaccurate or not being updated in real time

I have seen data post a week late, in normal provincial use non-roaming situation

Even if you were to check every day you still need to scroll through a couple of pages

And who do you email (mods?) when details are missing or inaccurate?

(even in your example of an excel spreadsheet, its not even that simple to cut/paste since sometimes I have seen Public leave columns out they have irregular lengths)

ute1978

@MoreYummy wrote:

@ute1978Do you copy straight from self portal everyday?

Straight from the self portal. But not every day. Just 2-3 times a month.

@ute1978Do you copy straight from self portal everyday?

ute1978

That's why I created an Excellist right from the start and every week or so I go in and copy and paste all logs in the history. Then in my Excel I can sort and delete what is unimportant (I only keep and watch the call log and delete the text and web log). Easy peasy work and done in less than 2 minutes. No need to scroll through 50 pages of log....

pm excel.png

The history on Public is broken and beyond useless

For sure it does not log data or calls properly

I am skeptical the txt works but have never bothered to check since far too much work

Even when it does work it is buggy/slow and often times out (nothing is more annoying than scrolling through 5 pages then needing to start over from page 1)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I tried recently to scroll through the usage log in an account that I manage to confirm long distance minutes.  I was trying to view about 20 days of history that was 48 pages long.  It was sheer hell.  I lost track of how many times I ended up getting thrown back to page 1.  The page advance feature is totally broken.  In terms of being able to display daily logs that span more than a page, it seems to be able to do it.  Not sure if the accuracy though.  In the end, I just gave up.  Might as well not have a log since it's so unviewable with all the glitches.

SD08

@srlawren wrote:

@SD08 that's a thing I wasn't aware of, interesting.  So, you can't just keep scrolling back page by page for it to show you everything?!?!  

@srlawren

Well, I haven't had that many same-day calls myself, but that appears to be what happened in the case from the example I linked to.  However, just lookin at my log now, there appears to be more than just the glitch I described happening.  The log appears to inconsistently omit or include calls when I refresh, or switch between 7, 30, or 90-day time periods.  Robot Frustrated

Edit:  Now it seems to have settled down to include all the calls, after several refreshes.  

kutzki
I did indeed. Not dumb, just due diligence, and I appreciate it. Good to see you're still here brother. Anyways yeah I did, and it's why I had to go into my call logs, for some reason my phone didn't record the amount of time I was actually on the phone with this company for (All the calls were with the same number, I BELIEVE)

srlawren

@SD08 that's a thing I wasn't aware of, interesting.  So, you can't just keep scrolling back page by page for it to show you everything?!?!  

@kutzki dumb question:  did you check the call history in the phone app on your phone?  Does it not give you the info you need?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SD08

@kutzki wrote:
@I have maybe 7 calls in one day at most. The rest are texts, either way I need a staff member to help me @Moderator

@kutzki

Just to clarify my previous post, each page of the log will include incoming/outgoing calls, incoming/outgoing texts, and any data usage sessions, and only has enough spaces on each page for 15 separate entries.  If your calls were made on the same day but you also had other types of activity that took up entries on that day, you could still run into that display limit of 15 same-day entries. 

kutzki
I have maybe 7 calls in one day at most. The rest are texts, either way I need a staff member to help me @Moderator

SD08

@kutzki

There is a glitch in the call history that prevents it from displaying the complete list of calls if the  number of calls on a single day exceed more than one page (i.e. more than 15 calls in one day).  Perhaps this is why you can't see those calls.  See here for a previous example.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

When did they happen?

Are you able to find other calls's history in self serve portal?

Need Help? Let's chat.