cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 3 Max Texting Issue Solution

alldylallday
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just got an Asus Zenfone 3 Max and was having issues receiving texts from my contacts. They were able to receive my texts but I was only able to receive theirs if I texted them first, and then after a few responses I was not about to receive any more. After doing some searching online I have found the solution. I believe it would apply to all Asus Zenfones/phones.

Here is the solution: settings > power management > auto-start manager. 

Once you are in the auto-start manager, scroll down to see if you prefered texting app is being denied, and if so switch it to allowed (a pop-up will warn you about doing it but you can disregard it). After that you should have no problem sending and receiving texts.

I hope this helps 🙂

14 REPLIES 14

alldylallday

Absolutely. That was the exact same model that I had so you will have no issues 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kayakjock wrote:

Model #: ZC520TL  Asus zenphone 3 max 16gb android 6.0 marshmallow

That is splendid information.

All areas listed in willmyphonework.net suggest this phone should work here. It looks like there's a substantial likelihood it'll work.

And it's been confirmed by alldylallday with the same phone.

It looks like it takes the mid-size (micro) and smallest (nano) sim sizes. Not the original standard sim size. I don't know what you pulled out of your old LG. If it's standard then maybe you have a sim that can be split apart to get to the smaller sizes. Otherwise you'll have to cut it just so.

kayakjock

Model #: ZC520TL  Asus zenphone 3 max 16gb android 6.0 marshmallow

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alldylallday wrote:

Yes it will, I had no issues when I was using the Zenfone 3 Max

Good to know and good of you to chip in.

What we don't know, is exactly which model kayakjock is getting.

I see on gsmarena that there's the 3, Deluxe, Ultra, Laser, Max, Deluxe 5.5 and Zoom.

If it was bought from somewhere in Canada and made for the Canadian market then I suppose it should work. If elsewhere...?

alldylallday

Yes it will, I had no issues when I was using the Zenfone 3 Max

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kayakjock wrote:

Thanks,

I think I have the bits n pieces for card, starts out as sd but can be broken down guess i'll find out when phone arrives.  If I can fit it in will that work same as current phone, i,e talk/text with my number?

If you've verified that all the frequencies are compatible then it should be plug n play.

kayakjock

Thanks,

I think I have the bits n pieces for card, starts out as sd but can be broken down guess i'll find out when phone arrives.  If I can fit it in will that work same as current phone, i,e talk/text with my number?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kayakjock wrote:

Hi,

I'm buying a new phone (asus zenphone 3) and retiring my lg flip phone. I currently have talk & text only and want to change to $30 3g talk &text w 500mb 30 day plan.  Not phone savvy so not entirely sure how to do this.  Can I use same sim, I need to keep same phone number and how do I activate a new plan? Just rec'd txt from PM acknowledging rec'pt of payment on current plan.  Should get new phone on oct 3.

Thanks for any assistance.

Make sure your new phone will work on PM.

There are 3 different sizes of SIM. Hope you have the original card for all your options.

You can do a future-date plan change for your next renewal. Or do an immediate change but you would lose what you just paid for.

kayakjock

Hi,

I'm buying a new phone (asus zenphone 3) and retiring my lg flip phone. I currently have talk & text only and want to change to $30 3g talk &text w 500mb 30 day plan.  Not phone savvy so not entirely sure how to do this.  Can I use same sim, I need to keep same phone number and how do I activate a new plan? Just rec'd txt from PM acknowledging rec'pt of payment on current plan.  Should get new phone on oct 3.

Thanks for any assistance.

alldylallday

@kayakjock wrote:

Did that solve the texting issue? I am thinking of buying this model to upgrade from my flip phone but don't want to be buying problems.

Thanks!

Yes it did! 

kayakjock

Did that solve the texting issue? I am thinking of buying this model to upgrade from my flip phone but don't want to be buying problems.

Thanks!

Eric-S
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yup...  I had same problem with the same phone.. learning curve for me from moving from Blackberry to a Asus Android..  Auto-Start Manager allows texting app to shutdown... Any app can be shutdown, but texting shouldn't..!! Any text messages that come while phone not being used are lost. 

Go to Asus Mobile Manager app, then PowerMaster app, then Auto-Start Manager to keep your texting app from shuting down..

Also available from phone's Setup menu, Power Management

Texting was fine when I was using phone, then I wan't using the phone, I was being told I was sent texts that I never got..  the texting app went to sleep..  drove me crazy..

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

lol

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Lol, that's what I proposed was potentially the resolution in your first thread on this issue.  No need to use a separate thread to confirm the resolution.

Need Help? Let's chat.