cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are all the 3G speed plans still available please?

bunny24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

How you are safe & enjoy the HOT weather 🙂

I am currently have the 3G plan $25 every 30 days, and my friend wanna to join PM and have the same plan like mine. However, the "updated" publicmobile.ca website only have the 5G ,4G plans, wondering are all the 3G plans still available? Otherwise, my friend will go elsewhere.

Thank you in advance for helping my friend!

Bunny24

6 REPLIES 6

@Helenruch wrote:

what will happen when PM stops offering 3G? Will they just be forced to upgrade us on the same plan or will we just be forced to pay more?

Public Mobile's 3G plans don't mean 3G network.  All Public Mobile plans have allow access to the same networks.

Helenruch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

what will happen when PM stops offering 3G? Will they just be forced to upgrade us on the same plan or will we just be forced to pay more?

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BKNS27 my understanding was we can keep the 3g plans going forward, since it's just a throttle and not actually using wcdma (well, except for calls still which I'm personally grateful! But I'm sure that's changing soon). Won't be able to switch our devices to wcdma at that point - (which I used to do all the time, 6 months ago or so the reception there was so much better for me, now it's the same iffy stuff 😕)

@bunny24 

I guess that all carriers are getting ready for the discontinue of 3G in 2025. Two more years of 3G then everyone will need to switch to 4G/LTE or 5G.

bunny24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi  

computergeek541 OracleThank you for helping my friend out. It seems like PM really want to PUSH for HIGHER price plans(i.e. 4G ,5 G), lucky mobile has 3g paln too, they just post all their plans on the website, a lot of non-sense with PM now, well , since Telus took over yet.Thanks a lot 🙂

@bunny24 wrote:

I am currently have the 3G plan $25 every 30 days, and my friend wanna to join PM and have the same plan like mine. However, the "updated" publicmobile.ca website only have the 5G ,4G plans, wondering are all the 3G plans still available? Otherwise, my friend will go elsewhere.

The $15 and $25 3G plans are still availiable. Your friend will need to activate using the Public Mobie phone app for one of those 3G plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.