cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another scam

Demas11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received, again, the following text message and I have never signed up with Netscape:

+1-999-999-9999 (at top of text)
xxxxxxxxxx Your netflix account connected to 780-9xx-xxxx is blocked due to a payment verification. please sign in to revise your financial data xxxxxxxxxxxx

Is there anyway to block this type of texting or just ignore and delete?

3 REPLIES 3

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Just as a curiosity, that 999 number came to you via email to text. They sent it out of email to your number. It arrives at your end looking like that.

You didn't x out the email address. Did they send you this but didn't have a real email address?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Demas11 I get that one as well.  Ignore and delete is about all you can do.  You can block them but they just send from a different number that next time

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Demas11 No there’s no real way to block these scammers they will just spoof another number and try again it’s just something we all have to be used to in this day and age 

Cell providers try their best but in my opinion it’s a losing battle I have also received a fake Netflix texts

Need Help? Let's chat.