Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another No texts after US Roaming topic :(

tyrannotorus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
5 REPLIES 5

Boober35
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it safe to assume that if someone simply subscribes to US 10-day talk only plus extra US data that when they return, and the plan expires, texting shouldn't be affected? Has anyone done this?

I am going to the US at the end of August and don't want to deal with that texting pain in the @$$ when the plan expires. Apparently we still receive texts  (but cannot send without addon) in the US anyhow?

There are many other messaging options (e.g. Facebook messenger). 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@tyrannotorus wrote:

I actually didn't test it this morning before posting. I did just now, and it looks like it resolved itself overnight. Thanks for the speedy reply!

Many have reported that the problem self corrects after the add-on expires.  Because there can be days of lost usage, a lot of customers ask to moderator team to intervene.

@will13am it does indeed.  

@tyrannotorus what happens is the add-on expires, but can take up to 24 hours to physically remove itself from your account.  While it's there in an expired state, it confuses the system to the point where it can't deliver any messages to you.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@tyrannotorus wrote:

I actually didn't test it this morning before posting. I did just now, and it looks like it resolved itself overnight. Thanks for the speedy reply!

Many have reported that the problem self corrects after the add-on expires.  Because there can be days of lost usage, a lot of customers ask to moderator team to intervene.

tyrannotorus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tyrannotorus, definitely a moderator team member can assist with correcting the problem.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in your private message account number and PIN code.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.