cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon sim card stock eta.

goauldgungan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When will Amazon.ca have sim cards in stock again?  All I see is third party vendors at the moment. 

21 REPLIES 21

@goauldgungan wrote:

Ya, I am aware that they have many carriers but I think they default to the cheapest option for them.  I have heard that you can prioritize different carriers though through a rep. 

While that may be possible, I'm not sure what it would accomplish. All we can go by is the published tranist times of each shipping carrier.  There appears to be very little reason or pattern of shipping carriers used by Amazon. If it's matter of using the cheapest option for them, they wouldn't be using Purolator, which they often do for me.

cynical_manatee

the 2-day shipping is really only valuable for you to have a way to ask for compensation for delayed shipping. Not really a good guarantee for timely deliveries. Also if you are shipping to comercial or residential addresses over a weekend, you should try to find an amazon locker location, they usually facilitate sat/sun pickups when normally the attempted delivery would be the following monday.

goauldgungan

Ya, I am aware that they have many carriers but I think they default to the cheapest option for them.  I have heard that you can prioritize different carriers though through a rep. 

@goauldgungan wrote:

Amazon only ships Intelcom Express now for me anyway.  I'm ok with waiting longer though.

Amazon currently uses many shipping companies for items that they sell directly or for fullfilled by Amazon orders. Some of them include (among others): Canada Post, Purolator, Dynamex, Amazon Logistics

goauldgungan

Amazon only ships Intelcom Express now for me anyway.  I'm ok with waiting longer though.

@popping wrote:

Canada Post is very busy and expect delay.  I dropped off an expedited parcel to Edmonton on Monday morning.  Normally it will be delivered next day.  But it took extra 3 days to deliver.

If you have Amazon Prime, use the Prime 2 days delivery.  If you want to meet the Dec 15th deadline, you may consider to get it at PM retails partners.

What deadline is on the 15th?

In any event, an item eligible for free Prime 2 day delivery doesn't mean much. Amazon often does use Canada Post even for Prime guranteed delivery date purchases. Sometimes, Amazon meets their promises on delivery dates, while sometimes they do not.  I've also noticed that as of the last couple of weeks, they're providing delivery estimates that are more conservative for these Prime delivery date commitments.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Canada Post is very busy and expect delay.  I dropped off an expedited parcel to Edmonton on Monday morning.  Normally it will be delivered next day.  But it took extra 3 days to deliver.

If you have Amazon Prime, use the Prime 2 days delivery.  If you want to meet the Dec 15th deadline, you may consider to get it at PM retails partners.

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I ordered the publicmobile sim card sold and shipped by Amazon.

$7.69

all good

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@goauldgungan  I also heard that you can sometimes get the SIM fee warived at Walmart if you activate in-store. Not sure if it works, but can try it, if it is convenient since you can a get/buy a SIM right away. Also, they can help you contact porting department if you have any issues with your port after 1-3 hours (if that's what you intend to do).

goauldgungan

Thanks for all the help.  I'm usually just a bit hesitant about getting things that aren't direct links from an offical store.  I'll definitely go with the other listing since the consensus here is that it is ok.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Walmart may still offer free sim cards when signing up there.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@goauldgungan  Check ebay they have cheaper prices plus free shipping.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

As I can see, Canadian Amazon has PM simcards now: PM SIM 

goauldgungan

Alright I'll get the 7$ one.  I guess this site just might have a dead link.

@dabr wrote:

@goauldgungan wrote:

The link from this website links to a card that's currently unavailable. (Offical Link )..

Another link is only third party and fullfilled by Amazon (Other Public mobile Sim )

And then theres the old looking sim card (Old sim ) on a different vendor listing. 

The old looking SIM cards should work perfectly well and seem to be a bit cheaper, do any of them offer free shipping too?

You could just drop into a Walmart, London Drugs or PM Kiosk (if near you), to purchase your SIM too and take advantage to the free data and minutes.

That link to the old style packaging/envelope is sold directly and officially by Amazon. I don't see any concern when it comes to purchasing this.

@goauldgungan , You would could always sign up to Prime to get around the $35 purchase requirement for free shipping. Amazon gives all new Prime customers a free 30 day trial. You could even cancel the Prime membership as soon as your sim card has been shipped if you wanted to.

goauldgungan

With 35$ they do.  Which isn't a big deal for me since I can order other items as well.

@goauldgungan wrote:

The link from this website links to a card that's currently unavailable. (Offical Link )..

Another link is only third party and fullfilled by Amazon (Other Public mobile Sim )

And then theres the old looking sim card (Old sim ) on a different vendor listing. 

The old looking SIM cards should work perfectly well and seem to be a bit cheaper, do any of them offer free shipping too?

You could just drop into a Walmart, London Drugs or PM Kiosk (if near you), to purchase your SIM too and take advantage to the free data and minutes.

@goauldgungan wrote:

https://www.amazon.ca/Public-prepaid-postpaid-Activate-Allinone/dp/B06X9ZGDWG/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=pu...

That old one is sold directly by Amazon. I would not be concerned about the color or pictures of the sim card. They are all functionally the same. Also, the orange colored sim cards haven't been in the Public Mobile warehouses for quite a while now.  Amazon more likely has the blue-colored sims, not that there's a difference other than color.

goauldgungan

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@goauldgungan wrote:

When will Amazon.ca have sim cards in stock again?  All I see is third party vendors at the moment. 

I would think only Amazon would know the answer to that question.  Are the third party vendors' SIMs more expensive?  If you need a SIM card, it should be okay to order from them unless you're not in a hurry, in which case wait for Amazon to restock.

Just checked their website, PM SIMs are available for $7.69 and free shipping.  Sounds like a good deal to me. 

Edit:  Sorry spoke to soon, you need the standard $35 worth of orders to qualify for the free shipping.

@goauldgungan wrote:

It is in stock (ships from and sold by Amazon.ca).

Need Help? Let's chat.