cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 3 yrs, nothing has changed. This is such a shame PM

crazyfrog
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have been a former customer of PM that moved to koodo with the migration offer. I needed a second line so my natural go to was PM.

I went to Walmart and they gave me on heck of a time to let me buy a PM Sim which according to PM website i should have been able to get at Walmart. Again, Walmart declines it unless you sign up for a service then and there. (Take a note you ppl up the ladder!!!)

Low and behold, i got a sim from The Mobile Shop and came home to activate it on the new $15 plan for three times (Yes freaking 3 times) because every single time, i would go all the way to the end only to have the site tell me "Uh ho...$%##%^&&^%$"

Now, it simply says "Invalid Sim"

I paid money for this sim and now it says Invalid sim? Are you effing kidding me???

Shame on PM for not even making the signup process stable. Its been like this when i started with you all first and infact was one of my recommendations when invited to your Toronto Downtown Office to "hear your customers"

Not a thing has changed. I will wait till morning to have this resolved. Else, i am going to initiate a charge back with my credit card and file a CCTS complaint. Such a waste of time. If you dont care enough about your customers, fine, will take our business elsewhere.

10 REPLIES 10

@crazyfrog wrote:

This is what i see from my CC Account. But it doubt it is successfull. Sadly, dont even remember what number i chose. Would expect some success or failure email (again PM doesnt allow to create self serve account simultaneously in order for such alerts to trigger and indicate a success or failure of registration procedure.

08/05/2019PUBLIC MOBILE$0.00

The activation failure is clearly not a good thing.  However, when Public Mobile's activation system reports payment failure, it sometimes has a bad habit of charging the card anyway.  The fact that your online banking is showing $0.00 is a good thing in the sense that at least Public Mobile has not went ahead and charged you multiple times for the plan. 

Sadly, when the activation does this type of what I will admit is nonsense, waiting a hour between attempts and possibly clearing your browsers caches and loading the site in incognito mode are usually the only things that help.

crazyfrog

This is what i see from my CC Account. But it doubt it is successfull. Sadly, dont even remember what number i chose. Would expect some success or failure email (again PM doesnt allow to create self serve account simultaneously in order for such alerts to trigger and indicate a success or failure of registration procedure.

08/05/2019PUBLIC MOBILE$0.00

crazyfrog

So what is this browser fault you're referring to? Does PM know about this? If yes, what have they done to mitigate this issue ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crazyfrog wrote:

Just for the record.

Attenmpt #1:

I was able to validate SIM#, Select a new number, Enter all details, Went to Payment Stage, Entered Credit Card Info, Processing....Boom. Failure.

Attempt #2:

Validate Sim#, Select Number, Enter Details, ....Failure.

Attempt #3:

Validate Sim#, Select Number, Enter Detauils, Payment Stage, Failure.

Attempt #4:

Invalid Sim

Attempt #5:

The Sim # you're trying to use is reserved on another session. 

Like wtf....

Right. Attempt #5 is the one where it even hints that you have to wait a bit.

Like I said...browser.

Check your cc to see if it's been hit.

Try the SIM in an unlocked phone and maybe... just maybe...

crazyfrog

Just for the record.

Attenmpt #1:

I was able to validate SIM#, Select a new number, Enter all details, Went to Payment Stage, Entered Credit Card Info, Processing....Boom. Failure.

Attempt #2:

Validate Sim#, Select Number, Enter Details, ....Failure.

Attempt #3:

Validate Sim#, Select Number, Enter Detauils, Payment Stage, Failure.

Attempt #4:

Invalid Sim

Attempt #5:

The Sim # you're trying to use is reserved on another session. 

Like wtf....

crazyfrog

Believe it or not, those were the very same answers i used to give to other customers about 3 yrs ago.

crazyfrog

Thanks for your response.

"The self-serve glitches are still around" this is exactly why i am calling out PM a shame. After 3 yrs, its a shame this is still an issue.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@crazyfrog, it's saddening to hear that some things haven't changed.

I hope at least the community forum help has improved during that time.

Seems to be very good answers given above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition to the above always excellent reply...

the usual browser things of clearing cache, incognito/privacy mode, even different browser.

As I'm sure everybody does...I have several browsers available but I focus on 2. Firefox for most things which has several add-ons to do things and filter things and such. Then the standard Edge that I leave mostly untouched. I use Edge when I'm needing to use a site on the very odd occassion so that I can avoid possible incompatibilities with whatever add-on.

@crazyfrog wrote:

I have been a former customer of PM that moved to koodo with the migration offer. I needed a second line so my natural go to was PM.

I went to Walmart and they gave me on heck of a time to let me buy a PM Sim which according to PM website i should have been able to get at Walmart. Again, Walmart declines it unless you sign up for a service then and there. (Take a note you ppl up the ladder!!!)

Low and behold, i got a sim from The Mobile Shop and came home to activate it on the new $15 plan for three times (Yes freaking 3 times) because every single time, i would go all the way to the end only to have the site tell me "Uh ho...$%##%^&&^%$"

Now, it simply says "Invalid Sim"

I paid money for this sim and now it says Invalid sim? Are you effing kidding me???

Shame on PM for not even making the signup process stable. Its been like this when i started with you all first and infact was one of my recommendations when invited to your Toronto Downtown Office to "hear your customers"

Not a thing has changed. I will wait till morning to have this resolved. Else, i am going to initiate a charge back with my credit card and file a CCTS complaint. Such a waste of time. If you dont care enough about your customers, fine, will take our business elsewhere.

The self-serve glitches are still around.  If you got to the payment step and submited that, as a former customer, I'm sure you're expecting that they charged your credit card even though you got an on-screen error message. If that's what happened, check if your sim card works.  If it doesn't work, or if your self-serve account never got created, you'll have to do the Moderator_Team routine, as I'm sure you're already aware of.

If by chance, you never got to the payment section of the activation, wait roughtly 1 hour.  After that amount of time, any non-completed activation and usage of that sim card number should be cleared from the system, and you should no longer get that invalid sim card message at the first step.

Need Help? Let's chat.