cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Referrals After Activation?

marilynhuynh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I (+ 2 others) am doing the FM to PM promo but theres been an issue with an account activation and I have messaged a MOD 12 hours ago and since they have a backlog I have not received an answer as of yet. I wanted to use that account as a referral to my own (and then my activation for another referral) however the promotion is ending tomorrow and I am afraid the previous activation will not be completed by then so we will lose 2 referrals. Smiley Sad

Does anyone know if we can or are able to add referrals after activation?

4 REPLIES 4

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Confirm from my own experiece that referrals can't be added after the accounts are active as  @srlawren said and he also made good point that savings are worth gettng the plan.

You will still be eligible for auto pay discounts ($2/30days or $6 per 90 days of plan), community rewards (varies with $1 - 2/mo fairly easy with some community activity), loyalty rewards ($1/mo for every year you stay up to 5 max) and of course other referrals in the future.  And so far no price increases -yeah.

My own referral experience where referrals could not be added after referral account was added was when my own port didn't work properly.

I had an active account with a ported number (but not the # I intended). I used that # when I added my wife to PM. Unfortunately the only way to fix my situation (ported wrong number which I wanted to return/ port back to original landline) & keep the 4G plan was for MODs to change the account, which I didn't realize at the time meant loosing the referal rewards. It was fine as I wanted to get both cells on PM plan & wanted to keep landline number where it was, and the MOD's were kind enough to offer a one time credit to offset the loss of referral after they tried & unable to add the referral from the previous account over to new account. 

Other than that little hiccup at the start we have both loved the PM plan & savings, reception, reliability & even used the new-ish USA addons. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@marilynhuynh no problem!  thanks for marking my reply as the solution.  sorry about your situation, and I hope your activation issue is resolved quickly!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@marilynhuynh unfortunately, no you can't. It had to be entered at time of activation, and even the moderators cannot fix it after the fact.

I'd suggest you hold tight just a little longer, but if it's getting close to the deadline, you may need to go ahead and forgo the referral unfortunately.  The plan savings far outweigh the referral reward, so it's not worth jeopardizing the former for the latter.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.