cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

Gbx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Looking to become a public mobile customer and I wanted to activate my service in person but can't seem to find any stores near me.(they turn out to be permanently closed) I was just wondering if anyone knows any stores that are located in Brampton Ontario. Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

@Gbx If you are still interested in joining Public Mobile and would like some assistance, send me a private message. We can chat or perhaps get together. Robot Happy

If unfamiliar with this feature, you can review it here: Private Messages - viewing and creating

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gbx as others have already alluded to, Public Mobile (PM) operates a bit differently.  It's a no-frills, online-only provider, which help keep their overhead low, which allows them to offer the awesome plan prices we all love, while still providing excellent network quality (by operating on the Telus Mobility network).  

The downside is, as already mentioned, there is no option for an in-person activation.  You simply order a SIM card and it's delivered to your home or office, and then you go to https://activate.publicmobile.ca to set up and pay for your service with your credit card, all from your computer.

A couple of things you will need to know:

- if you are bringing over a phone from another provider other than Telus or Koodo, then you will likely need to get the phone carrier unlocked (unless you are 100% sure it's already not locked to a carrier, or it is locked to Telus/Koodo).  

- the phone also has to be compatible with Telus's network, which means it has to have at least 3G radio that supports 850MHz and 1900MHz frequencies.  If your phone was previously used with Telus or Koodo, it will definitely work with PM.  The same is true if your phone was previously used with Bell or Virgin, though it will probably need to be unlocked.  Most phones that worked with Rogers/Fido/Chatr will work as well (after being unlocked), provided they weren't relying on Rogers' 2G GSM network for talk & text.  Many phones previously used on Wind will work fine, but not all.  

If you're in doubt of your phone's compatibility, just let us know the brand and model (as specific as possible--many phones have different sub-models with different network support) and we can help check.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I agree with @Luddite

@Gbx Since you were able to post a comment you have all the skill needed to join Public Mobile! Smiley Wink

Let us know how we could assist you.

Ionut

@nishufaneven do i live close, and sound very tempting i might say pass xD

nishufan

Hi guys 

I have a good suggestion. If someone lives in Brampton Ontario, he/she can help @Gbx active the newline. He/she can earn a reward.Smiley Wink

Ionut

You have to order a sim after you activate it they will refund the money for the delivery.

Also PM brand will no longer have retail presence or phone support. Everything happen on the community or Social Media. 

And of course you can take care of your own account online which is much more convenient than just goes and buy vouchers.

Not only no stores, but all support is online here at the Community. There is no phone support.

aip0401
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @Gbx,

Welcome aboard!  As far as I know, Public Mobile does not have any store fronts; you will need to activate your service online.

Need Help? Let's chat.