cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

igrisaru
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I was trying to activate a SIM for my daughter but something went wrong ar he end when I provided payment details. Now when I am trying again I am uable to port her number and her account on the previus provider was closed so she has no service. Can you help me activate a SIM with her old nomber

Thanks, Iris

phone number removed and topic moved to "Getting Started"  by computergeek541

3 REPLIES 3

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@igrisaru 

you will need to send a private message to the moderators team, giving them the information about your account (phone number, name, email, account PIN, etc). 

Click here to send them a private message.

@igrisaru wrote:

Hi,

I was trying to activate a SIM for my daughter but something went wrong ar he end when I provided payment details. Now when I am trying again I am uable to port her number and her account on the previus provider was closed so she has no service. Can you help me activate a SIM with her old nomber

Thanks, Iris

The first thing you'll want to check to see if your credit card/visa debit card was charged (if that's how you were trying to pay).  You will also want to try inserting the Public Mobile sim card into the phone to see if it works. Some of the time, an error message comes up on the computer screen but the service actually does get activated.

When you daughter's phone number stopped working at the old carrier, is that because someone requested that the old carrier cancel the service, or did that only happen after you requested the phone number transfer?

If the old carrier's service only stopped working after requetsing the phone number to be transfered to Public Mobile, I suspect that the phone number might already be transfered to Public Mobile.  As I was saying, check and see if the Public Mobile sim card has functioning service attached to it. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@igrisaruHi Iris, You would need to contact the moderators by clicking on the Envelope icon on the top right and tyep in Moderator_Team as the receipient. Provide the information as yo had, You have to be patient it might take up to 72+ hours for the moderators to respond.

Also you might want to start your own thread and remove your daughter's phone number as this is a public forum, safety first.

Need Help? Let's chat.