cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation issues

joshdboone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I tried to activate my sim and port over my number from bell. however it errors out on every browser and tried private browsing , empty cookies ect.

is the site down for activation ?

12 REPLIES 12

@joshdboone 

The error message in the above example could have three different different meanings:

1. The sim is activated as referenced above.
  2. If you are starting over you have to wait out the 50 minute session lock.
  3. The sim has been used previously and is deactivated. ( Cancelled account.) This is unlikely in your case but happens when a customer thinks they can reuse an old sim card.

@joshdboone wrote:

hi , I tried logging in , seems like account is non existent. since there is no charge on my card I assume the sim won't work. but I can try.

Hi @joshdboone sorry to hear that you are having issues/problems activating your sim card.

As already suggested above, wait an hour before you try again.  Before you try again, delete your browsing history and cache.  If needed, use a different browser and use incognito mode.  Reboot your device.

EDITED as solution accepted

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

@joshdboone 

Are you still having issues? Try this.....

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Use secret/incognito mode.
  4. Use chrome, firefox or safari.

If you haven't activated you may want to wait til after midnight eastern so your service starts tomorrow with a full 24 hours of service rather than paying for only 90 minutes left for today.

@joshdboone 

It sounds like you are stuck on step 4 (Payment).

It might be safer to contact a moderator to complete the last step by clicking on the SIMon Chat bubble.

@joshdboone 

If you are intending to port (move) your number from another provider, read the information article attached below:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

It provides helpful advice on completing a successful port.

joshdboone

thanks!

@joshdboone wrote:

hi , I tried logging in , seems like account is non existent. since there is no charge on my card I assume the sim won't work. but I can try.

@joshdboone that is likely yes. Wait the 50 minutes and try again.

Hopefully, the next time is smooth sailing.

You could try the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

EDIT: didn't realize @JK8 snuck that in there. 😆

joshdboone

@joshdboone wrote:

hi,

I added my credit card info and hit activate , than I get oops something went wrong. does not look like my card was charged

If your card was not charged, try activating again, but this time use the live chat for activations.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

@joshdboone wrote:

hi,

I added my credit card info and hit activate , than I get oops something went wrong. does not look like my card was charged

@joshdboone Oh, so you did get close....humm?

What happens when you try to log into your SELF SERVE: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Did you insert the Public Mobile SIM card? Then reboot the phone. What happens?

joshdboone

hi,

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@joshdboone wrote:

Hi,

I tried to activate my sim and port over my number from bell. however it errors out on every browser and tried private browsing , empty cookies ect.

is the site down for activation ?

@joshdboone  If you did not get past the payment section, wait 50 mins. (as the system may have locked the SIM card), then when you try again:

*clear your browser's history or try a different browser (which sounds like you did...)

*open a tab in incognito mode. (also did...) 

Nice!

EDIT: Maybe your SIM  locked, wait 50 minutes to try again.

If you did get past the payment section, was your credit card charged?

If so, insert your SIM and see if you have any service.

Need Help? Let's chat.