cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failure

chinaski
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to dissuade my brother from signing up with PM due to the myriad problems with the application. He wanted to try anyway.

He is currently on Telus. We went through the port screen, got to payment, and the site hung. Tried it a few times.

We came back a few hours later. https:activate.publicmobile.ca doesn't even load at all. Currently a white-screen of death.

Clearly this service is not ready for prime time. Folks, use it at your peril.

19 REPLIES 19

chinaski

Actually my brother was never able to sign on and I advised him to go elsewhere. The other issue was my daughter, who eventually did get fully ported after a week or so. 

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @chinaski

I'm really sorry about this and for the delay in our response. I see that Mary already took care of your brother's issue a few days ago. 

I hope you have a great day!

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

a2dal

i have been waiting since thurday ( some peole longer)

it sucks but i knew what i was getting into.

what i am doing now is porting over to FIDO.

called my visa and they will cancel the pm charges.

this really sucks as my father and husband ported over right after me and were fine.

this is a gret plan if you can wait it out

a2dal

chinaski

@jlm1991 wrote:

People just need to calm down, get a grip, and have paitence.

I think people are being remarkably patient despite the steady stream of PM apologists who chime in on a regular basis tut-tutting those people who are having major issues. People here are stuck in limbo and getting no assistance whatsoever - and by "limbo" I mean unable to receive calls or unable to access their account - I think that warrants a little impatience. The model here is different - that's clear. What also seems clear is that the infrastructure the PM has in place does not support their model. 

We are customers, trying to access the service we paid for. 

chinaski

I've been waiting for a week now and still no response on a problem moving a phone number. Calls can go out but not in. On that help request  @Shazia_K did read the private message but did not respond. On this activation failure I told my brother to stay away from this service. He just put in his old sim and is staying put. 

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@elizabethpchow

@Shazia_K seems pretty responsive. 

Expect them to reply in 3-4 days if you are lucky or make a lot of noise on the forums. 1 week seems to be the norm if you just wait. 

You can try twitter. I have read some people have gotten replies pretty quick going that route.

Good luck with your activation.

jlm1991
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Dont have a reccomendation for a mod, but since you have messaged 3 of them Id say be paitent

elizabethpchow

I messaged three Mods, I noticed that some of them haven't been on. Is there a Mod that you would recommend? @Vickel

jlm1991

Lol @ all the people claiming the sites garbage, Telus stole my money, etc etc.   Lets see a $40/month cell phone plan that undercuts Telus' mainstream offering by at least $40 due to the level of customer service that is offered under this brand.  

People just need to calm down, get a grip, and have paitence.   Redflagdeals must have half the country trying to activate onto this and of course there is going to "service" issues when you only have 5 employees for the whole country working with the PM accounts.   How else could they provide a plan so cheap, especially if they offered the same level of customer support as actual Telus/Koodo customers? 

elizabethpchow

I can't even get back on the final page now. So I started trying to activate a second time and my Sim card doesn't not work anymore. I am also trying to login my account and it doesn't let me. 

On my credit card, it says the payment is pending already... help. 

@Brooke_C or @Saray_O or @Shazia_K would you be able to help? Thanks! 

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

wow, good thing I activated earlier today.

Just hang tight, hopefully it will be back soon

@elizabethpchow

Looks like your activation is stuck. You will need to message a MOD to have it resolved.

damian

Ohh, for another laugh - when I try to port a number, during activation, no matter what I provide for the alternate number, I get a message about alternate number regex help, and that's it.. No explanation what format they want/need/etc... So can't proceeed THAT route either... 

All this talk about "hey, they are a self-serve system" - yes, but their system has to WORK for us to self serve ourselves, right? 🙂 

infielder6

@elizabethpchow wrote:

Hello, 

The same thing happened to me. On the last page, it gives me an error message and asks me to contact Public Mobile for help. In addition, my Sim card is not working for the activiation now during my second attempt. Please help. 

This happened to me initially too, but there was an activate button on the with the error message. I just clicked that and it all went through. The only issue was that I had to setup the auto pay again. If you've left that page already, see if you can just log into your account. Maybe it was already setup.

elizabethpchow

Hello, 

The same thing happened to me. On the last page, it gives me an error message and asks me to contact Public Mobile for help. In addition, my Sim card is not working for the activiation now during my second attempt. Please help. 

Gman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Agreed, it seems like the site was built by amateurs, and error messages left and right, too many bugs in the system, and I feel I just got scammed out of $130, i'm taking that to theyre privacy policy people and Telus and getting my money back!

Yup.  It is very busy during prime time. 

When I tried to activate one of the card yesterday, it is very slow or even timed out.

I activted second one after 2AM or so, it is very smooth. 🙂

That's the way it is for promotion, especially when it is very good and about to over.  Just like all other company if you read the news.   Smiley Surprised

infielder6

@chinaski wrote:

I tried to dissuade my brother from signing up with PM due to the myriad problems with the application. He wanted to try anyway.

He is currently on Telus. We went through the port screen, got to payment, and the site hung. Tried it a few times.

We came back a few hours later. https:activate.publicmobile.ca doesn't even load at all. Currently a white-screen of death.

Clearly this service is not ready for prime time. Folks, use it at your peril.

They're probably experience heavy load on their servers as a people rush to sign up for the promo. They've posted a message about and have suggestions for making the activation go smoother. 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Doing-wireless-different-has-its-ups-and...

damian

yup... I got 2 new simcards yesterday, to take advantage of the 4GB offer. My activation, yesterday, went fine; today we're trying to activate my wife's card, same problems as you describe. We can get past the initial activate.publicmobile.ca not loading by trying it in IE (Chrome did nothing), but that's it. When we get to the "choose new number or port", when I click on continue (to get a new number).. NOTHING happens... When I click on port, and then click back on new, I get a drop down for city/region, WITH NO ENTRIES in it - but I have to choose something, it won't let me go past that without it. 

I cannot believe how crappy their technical infrastructure is, re web sites/etc. It's not rocket science people...  I'm willing accept no human support, in exchange for cheaper service, but if you're going to be website based, please make sure your websites actually WORK! 

jlm1991

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?  another browser? or another computer?

Need Help? Let's chat.