cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation error

LizzB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can anyone tell me what is " Error Code: 831,820 "

I received this on attempting to activate today and porting a number from another carrier

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

boghos15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i got that error to u gotta talk to the bot chat and create ticket they will help u 

@LizzB wrote:

Can anyone tell me what is " Error Code: 831,820 "

I received this on attempting to activate today and porting a number from another carrier

The first thing that I would suggest is to check your online credit card statement if you used a credit card to pay for the plan during activaiton. 

I would also go back to the activation page and type the activation number in again in the appropriate field. If the SIM card number comes back as invalid, that would mean that it was activated.  If your service was activated, insert the Public Mobile SIM card into your phone to see if it works.  If the service is working with your Public Mobile SIM card inserted into the device, re-insert the old carrier's SIM card as you will need to reply to a text message from the old carrier to approve the transfer of your phone number.

Sometimes after receiving an error message from the activation website but the service actually does gets activated, the self serve account doesn't get created properly. In situation, a moderator would need to be contacted.

If the SIM card number is still accepted by the activation site, that means that no activation was completed. You should then try again.

If for someon reason you had to make more than one attempt to complete the activation, there's currently some issues with customers being charged more than once.

If you do get overcharged, or if the self serve account didn't get created properly, open a ticket to the moderators by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LizzB   I would contact the moderators and see what thy can say or do.  there might have been an issue with the porting information.

the moderators can be reached by typing moderator in the chatbot and following the prompts. 

does your PM sim card work at all?   does your old sim work?

Need Help? Let's chat.