cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Issue

gilliangoobie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went through the activation process with my sim card and it has been stuck on a screen saying "please wait while your activation is being processed" for about three hours. I've turned on my phone and I do not have service at the moment. I'm unclear what the issue is or how to resolve it.

9 REPLIES 9

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gilliangoobie wrote:

So I am logged in here, but I tried to log in under a new incognito window and it told me that the login attempt failed.

I checked on my credit card and it says that there was a transaction from Public Mobile for $0.00 so I don't think I have actually been charged the monthly fee.

If you cannot login at selfserve.publicmobile.ca using your email address and password supplied during activation process, you may not be activated.

If you did not received a PM welcome email, you are not activated.

Your SIM may be still locked to the previous activation session. Try the activation process again after restart your browser to ensure you start with a fresh session.. If PM server says your SIM card is invalid, wait an hour to let PM server to time out your previous session.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@gilliangoobie Seems that the session timed out due to a bug. Try to repeat the process in 1 or better 2 hours using another browser with incognito mode.

@gilliangoobie wrote:

So I am logged in here, but I tried to log in under a new incognito window and it told me that the login attempt failed.

I checked on my credit card and it says that there was a transaction from Public Mobile for $0.00 so I don't think I have actually been charged the monthly fee.

@gilliangoobie  Restart your computer, clear your browser's cache. Use chrome or Edge and make sure JavaScript and cookies are enabled and try the activation again using incognito mode.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gilliangoobie wrote:

Yeah, it could have just bugged out.  You can retry the activation. If it gives you the sim is an invalid message wait 1 hour and try again as Simcards are locked for 50mins if the activation process gets stuck/failed.

cheers

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gilliangoobie 

Are you porting a number or selecting a new number?
Check and see if your credit card was charged. If not it might be that the process was bugged/stuck and did not complete.
 You could simply retry to activate the account using the same email address, Simcard number.

Simcards get locked out for 1 hour once you try to activate and it fails. 
Since you have already waited for 3 hours, it should be ready to retry the activation.

Make sure you clear your history/cache, Try to activate it using incognito mode.

It should take less than 5 mins for you to finish the process.

Cheers

gilliangoobie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@gilliangoobie check to see if your credit card has been charged. If it has, try to log into your self service account.  Are you porting a number? Thanks..  Stay safe 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gilliangoobie wrote:

I went through the activation process with my sim card and it has been stuck on a screen saying "please wait while your activation is being processed" for about three hours. I've turned on my phone and I do not have service at the moment. I'm unclear what the issue is or how to resolve it.

@gilliangoobie   Try clearing your cache/cookies and using a different browser with incognito mode.  You may also need to wait one hour before retrying.

Meanwhile, you should check to see if your CC was charged.  Also insert your SIM into your phone and see if you can get any service.  You may need to reboot the phone couple of times though.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@gilliangoobie wrote:

Can you start over? Was your cc charged?

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Need Help? Let's chat.