cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating my sim card

PublicUser12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there I need a contact number so I can speak with an agent please I recently purchased a public mobile Sim card and I was informed by the person that sold me the SIM card that all I had to do was go to a Circle K convenience store and purchase top of minutes on receipts with a code and then dial *611 and add them to my account that I have chosen and it will be activated and I went online to activate my Sim card and it’s not giving me the choice of using a top of voucher it’s only giving me the choice of a credit card and I do not have a credit card and I’ve been with customer of you guys for a long time and never in the past have I had to use a credit card to activate my Sim card I have always use top up vouchers because I do not own a credit card so I don’t know why it’s not letting me use top of vouchers on your page now to activate my Sim card as there is always that option in the past but can I please talk to customer service or can you guys please help me out so I can give you guys the codes to my type of vouchers and activate my Sim card I’m trying to get the $45 plan the one with the 20 GB of data 4G data and unlimited Calling and texting so please can somebody get back to me and either give me a way to use my top vouchers to activate my plan or give me a contact number for a customer support agent or manager because I really need to get my phone up and running for work and I am not able to return these type of vouchers and like I said I don’t have a credit card that I could activate my Sim card with so I need to use these type of vouchers like I’ve used in the past 7years I’ve been a client with you guys. Thank you and please get back to me as soon as possible as I need my phone for work tomorrow have a great night John Hancock

4 REPLIES 4

@PublicUser12 wrote:

Thanks i gave the csa worker all il my info how long Roughly does it take them to activate my phone thanks again

@PublicUser12 - once they create your My Account and plan, you should be able to log in with your email and password, then if they haven't added the voucher, you can via My Account or through 611.

Once the account/plan is Active, you should have services right away.

PublicUser12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks i gave the csa worker all il my info how long Roughly does it take them to activate my phone thanks again

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

And maybe change your username.

You were misinformed on the details. You could also buy one of those visa gift cards to start. Then afterwards use the voucher.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@PublicUser12 , the new system is set up to require a payment card for the initial activation.  However, a manual process is available to activate with a voucher.  This has been covered in the community postings.  Here is one for example.  Just follow the steps as mentioned and engage the CSAs for assistance.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Activate-SIM-without-a-credit-card/td-p/9...

Need Help? Let's chat.