cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating my paid for new SIms to replace one that does not work

georgemeek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am already a Public Mobile customer & was registered some time ago at one of your stores.

Help! 

13 REPLIES 13

@georgemeek  while you wait for the moderators, try these 2 things

• Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.
  • Enable sms, mms and data.  Restart your phone, re-enter your wifi password if applicable,  try making a call , sending a mms  text.

Or  if the above fails. 

Try using this method to push through the changes and to confirm and reset the SIM sync to iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

Stay safe 

georgemeek

Apple I 6

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@georgemeek wrote:

I am already a Public Mobile customer & was registered some time ago at one of your stores.

Help! 

If its been 90day you'll need to go through the get started page all over again. And activate the account just as you had done before. If it is delinquent for less then that, you don't need to put in a new SIM-only add money to your account to pay for the delinquency, and it will be active again. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 1.22.18 PM.png

@georgemeek  You need to submit a ticket to resolve your issue.

@georgemeek  what's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks. 

georgemeek

I am paid up- current. *** *** ****. The phone shows"no esrvice " with the old sims card in.

@georgemeek  If you are getting a no service message it means that your account needs to be reset. You need to submit a ticket to get this done.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@georgemeek what's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks.

@georgemeek a little more info would be helpful 

georgemeek

No service.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@georgemeek hi if you are trying to restart a plan that is more than 90 days delinquent you can't, if has been less than 90 days just go into your self serve account to pay and reactivate

georgemeek

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@georgemeek  before changing your old sim, sims are very hard to destroy. Whats the exact message that you get when you insert your current sim into your phone?  Also, what's the message from your self service account when you login? Is it showing as suspended? Thanks.  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.