cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated the SIM card November 10

ctarnowski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got to the payment stage and got an error message. I assumed nothing worked. I wasn't able to redo the transaction as the SIM card was now invalid. The number I was trying to port (a Bell landline) is still working. No reply to my email from Public Mobile.

Today I looked at my credit card and see that the payment went through. My Bell landline is just fine but on a lark, I tried the SIM card in my phone. I have service. The cell phone is using my Bell home phone number if I make a call. But I cannot receive calls to my cell phone (only my home phone rings) and I'm obviously still paying Bell as well.

I imagine I need Public Mobile to intervene? I also cannot log into my account to look at the Self Serve options.

4 REPLIES 4

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@ctarnowski

Was your issue resolved? If not, please private message me  your account details with the number you tried to port over.

Thanks,

Jeremy

ctarnowski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A week? That seems like a lot. I think what's really odd, to me, is that I can actually use my cell phone to place calls using the Public Mobile SIM card, showing as the landline number, even as the landline  continues to work and receive calls. It's like the porting was aborted midway.

Is it better to PM the mods rather than doing the Contact Us email? I tried that the first time around when I thought the issue was a dead SIM card, but got no response.

It's not unusual for a landline port-in to take a week. That being said, be sure the info you send to the moderators has your your name, address and account number EXACTLY as shown on your Bell bill. Landline transfers are especially finicky that way.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@ctarnowski  Unfortunately its a common issue r ight now, you need to contact hte moderators and get them to assist you.  Make sure you include the relevant info from this thread below.  Good luck!

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Need Help? Let's chat.