cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended

Wilmes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why would an account be suspended for insufficient funds when you signed up for auto-pay?

7 REPLIES 7

Dendevries
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good morning,

My plan is not working.  I am using a friends data, I wont be able to reply. I switched from the 50$ plan to the $40 plan with unlimited canada wide talk, intwrnational text and 2 gb data with 500 bonus. I had $49 in there and it didnt go through. My balance is still $29. My name is Dennis de Vries. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link, and provide your public mobile phone number and PIN and explain whats going on :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris5 wrote:

I put 50 dollars on my account  to pay for my plan and it is no longer there?

Please post a screenshot of your overview page so we can what you have going on. Blank out personal info of course.

What's happening for you? Or is this a news announcement? 🙂

Chris5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I put 50 dollars on my account  to pay for my plan and it is no longer there?

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This has happened to me and I am on autopay.  I believe there's often a "delay" in the process to renew your account.  If your phone still works, just sit back and have confidence the autopay process will work on its own, even though it says your account is suspended.

Otherwise, it might be an issue of your credit card expiring and you forgot to update it on your account.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Wilmes wrote:

Why would an account be suspended for insufficient funds when you signed up for auto-pay?

@WilmesSorry you are having trouble, when is your plan renewal date? If it is tomorrow it is "normal" for plan to say suspended and payment will come out tomorrow. If it is not tomorrow and within 90 days see if you can manually make a payment to have your account reactivated (Even if you have enough funds, make another payment of few extra dollars) Then if it does not re-activate only a moderator will be able to access your specific account information. Click this to send them a message Once it reaches 90 days inactive/suspended it will be deleted and removed.

"Simply make a one-time payment from the “Payment” tab in Self-Serve and opt to pay the “Amount Due”. This will cover the new plan cost less any partial payment that was taken. After successful payment, your services should be fully reactivated. If your services aren’t restored, please reach out to our Moderator Team ASAP and they will help get things sorted out. "

If your current "amount due" shows $0, try private browsing / incognito mode or call 611.

If no matter what you try you cannot make a payment with your card you can go to recharge.com and purchase a payment voucher.

If you are still in a "current market plan" you can try doing a one time manual payment and then doing a plan change. Once paid if it still doesn't reactivate you can try the "lost/stolen" trick or add another manual $1 payment. LOST/ STOLEN TRICK HERE Remember to reboot your phone after each step.

Unfortunately, sometimes auto pay fails. Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wilmes wrote:

Autopay seems to be a pretty troublesome function. It could also be your credit card expiry has arrived. Or maybe you got a new Visa Debit card number.

If not those easy ones then yeah...it's troublesome.

Need Help? Let's chat.