cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account renewal date

dirk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined 8 December last year. My renewal date is not listed on my account page, but 90 days later is supposed to be 8 March. However the autopay date is 14 March.

Is there a page that shows the actual renewal date?

15 REPLIES 15

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I know it doesn't sound reassuring, but you don't need to panic until it actually gets suspended if you have autopay activated.

@dirk wrote:

Today is the autopay renewal date, and the data portion has reset in the evening (and it wasn’t reset in the morning). I'm still curious what time it resets, but at least the correct day is nailed down. I'm guessing noon?

The account page has a big warning outlined in red:

Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.
Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service.

I know this message is supposed to appear, but there should be something different displayed if you have autopay. Especially since the suspended account part is demonstably false, as everything still works.

I don't believe it makes any difference whether you are on autopay or not.  To my knowledge everyone receives these erroneous plan expired and account suspended messages.  I've read that people who aren't on autopay also get these error messages even when the account balance shows as sufficient.  The expired and suspended messages pretty come up pretty much as soon as midnight strikes and doesn't dissapear until after payment is applied to your plan later on in the day.  If you service is still working, don't worry about it, as you've already realized, that means your account is not really in suspension.

dirk

Today is the autopay renewal date, and the data portion has reset in the evening (and it wasn’t reset in the morning). I'm still curious what time it resets, but at least the correct day is nailed down. I'm guessing noon?

The account page has a big warning outlined in red:

Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.
Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service.

I know this message is supposed to appear, but there should be something different displayed if you have autopay. Especially since the suspended account part is demonstably false, as everything still works.

@dirk that could very well be the issue.  A delay in getting the 12 GB at the discounted rate would have been redated for start, as the regular sign-ups prior to prmo ending were all automatic (if there were no problems).

dirk

The actual porting was painless and took about 20 minutes. I had service right away.

I did have issues getting the sim delivered, as the first two were lost in the mail. Luckily they extended the promo from November.

Could the date difference be due to the delay in the application of the promo? I remember waiting a bit before the promo went live on my account, so the few day difference could be explained that way. 

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Did you have any porting issues when you joined? The only explanation would be that your service actually started on 15th Dec due to some delays in porting. Hence 90 days would lead to March 14.

"so is my first cycle 96 days long?"

Public Mobile's system "thinks" so. Some would consider it a bonus, others running out of data perhaps not. Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dirk

I have an app on my phone that keeps track of the 90 days, and it says 90 days is the 8th. Also the 23 days in December, 31 days in January, 28 days in February, and 8 days in March also comes out to 90 days. I know that the term is 90 days not 3 months, but it just so happens the 2 missing days in February are averaged out by December and January being longer. I also used a online date calculator just in case.

I just wanted to confirm what the official renewal date was, as it controls the data renewal as well. I know that the payment is the 14th, so is my first cycle 96 days long?

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

So, 90 days from December 8 is March 8.  I guess you got a bonus of a few days.  Hopefully, things will proceed without any loss of service and will renew on the date shown on your account.  I completely understand your concern.

Had a closer look and Dec 8 + 90 days is Mar 8. Not sure how you gained a week unless you had an activatuion issue and were credited with a week.

Chaos_Scorpio

@Luddite wrote:

To avoid stress just ignore your account unless your phone stops working; there are odd expired/suspended states that show up that have no affect on service.

AGREED! haha

Your next payment will occur Mar 14. Remember your plan is for 90 days NOT 3 months and Feb only had 28 days. Robot wink

To avoid stress just ignore your account unless your phone stops working; there are odd expired/suspended states that show up that have no affect on service.

Chaos_Scorpio

The account is 90 days not 3 months ... Feburary only had 28 days this year so the renew pushed out. 

dirk

The main page after logging in only mentions the payment due date and the auto payment date.  Clicking on payment details only shows the auto payment date.

What should I be seeing?

Screenshot 2017-03-08 13.28.23.png

Screenshot 2017-03-08 13.29.49.png

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@dirk  All the date are in your my account section.  Nowhere else to find it.

My Account --> Overview, at the very bottom.

Need Help? Let's chat.