cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended?

Bebabno
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I realized yesterday my phone wasn’t working, so I went into my account and saw it was suspended/deactivated!  It was on my renewal date!  So, I made a payment like it asked me to.  My phone worked for 5 minutes and then went back to being suspended.  My account is showing that I don’t owe anything.  Somebody please HELP!

2B0D8012-2F99-4E0D-BC8A-53FEFD984220.jpeg

16 REPLIES 16

Bebabno

That would be great if it actually happened, but I paid more than I needed to yesterday morning (my renewal date) and I still have no service.

@Bebabno wrote:

I have a credit card on file, and I just did a one-time payment with it.  I was on auto-pay, but They didn’t take the payment!  I mad3 my regular payment myself, then I was afraid they were going to take my payment again automatically so I took myself off auto.  I have paid more than I’m supposed to already and my phone isn’t working again!!  I’m done with public mobile.

@Bebabno  Ok that makes sense. Please note that Auto-Pay will only be used if you don't have funds in your account so you have no reason to worry that you will get double charged. As you have already experienced Auto-Pay is not as robust as it should be so it will fail once in a while. You can leave Auto-Pay enabled and just make a manual payment a couple of days before you plan renewal. That way you still get the Auto-Pay $2 reward and avoid the dreaded Auto-Pay failure.

The way the PM renewal process works is as follows:

1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary).
3. In the early hours, if there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AP credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal.
4. Plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

Hope this helps!

Bebabno

And it’s not working again.

Bebabno

I have a credit card on file, and I just did a one-time payment with it.  I was on auto-pay, but They didn’t take the payment!  I mad3 my regular payment myself, then I was afraid they were going to take my payment again automatically so I took myself off auto.  I have paid more than I’m supposed to already and my phone isn’t working again!!  I’m done with public mobile.

Bebabno

I’m not sure why, but my phone just started working!  Not sure if it’ll continue to work but it won’t matter much- I’m switching providers after all this.

thanks for try to help everyone!

@Bebabno  so how were you able to add a $1 to your account. Do you not have a credit card on file? If yes, then just enable Auto-Pay and see if it activates your account.

Carrin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m not on auto payments 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bebabno wrote:

Thanks, I’ll try a moderator.

While you're waiting, you could also try the lost/stolen feature to suspend and then resume the service to give it a bit of a reset.

Bebabno

Thanks, I’ll try a moderator.

Bebabno

I’m not on autopay.

@Bebabno 

Contact a  moderator if you continue to have problems:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Bebabno

I have already rebooted phone. Thanks tho.

Bebabno

Nope. All that did was give me an extra dollar in my available balance. Thanks for trying tho.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Bebabno  Dial 611 from your device and disable Auto-Pay then enable Auto-Pay again.

@Bebabno...if the above suggestion didn't help, try putting phone into Airplane mode for 5 minutes, then turn Airplane mode off again. Reboot phone. Let us know if this helps.

Good luck.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Bebabno Add 1$ extra and restart your phone. It should help.

Need Help? Let's chat.