cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5gb signup bonus

samramortgages
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have activated a new account today Feb1 to receive 5gb bonus. It is not showing on my account.

Please advise, thank you.

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

12 REPLIES 12

@samramortgages wrote:

Thank You very much!

I wish there was a way to ask someone from Public Mobile to change it.

Change my location or something

I concept of Public Mobile is for customers to help answer other customers' questions, and in return, we get a discount program. 

I'm not sure what you mean by changing your location.  You can pick a phone number from any city that's in the list of places that have number available for you. Unfortunately, carriers cannot take a phone number and make it belong to another city.

samramortgages

Thank You very much!

I wish there was a way to ask someone from Public Mobile to change it.

Change my location or something

@samramortgages wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

I believe you are correct about the area I selected my phone number being the reason for Caledon East location.

Unfortunately, I don't see Mississauga, Cooksville, or Streetsville. 

I use this number for work, so clients like seeing that I'm calling from Mississauga or Toronto, that's why I was hoping I would be able to change that.

I'm fine with the phone number I have, just want to change the city.

Telus/Public Mobile definitely does have Mississauga and Toronto numbers, but you're right that there are currently no Mississauga numbers available.  There are currently Toronto, Brampton, Oakville, and Milton phone numbers to choose from.

samramortgages

Thank you for your reply.

I believe you are correct about the area I selected my phone number being the reason for Caledon East location.

Unfortunately, I don't see Mississauga, Cooksville, or Streetsville. 

I use this number for work, so clients like seeing that I'm calling from Mississauga or Toronto, that's why I was hoping I would be able to change that.

I'm fine with the phone number I have, just want to change the city.

@samramortgages wrote:

My question is, that when I call someone for the first time, along with my phone number/caller ID, it shows Caledon East, Ontario. ( I guess that's from when I originally activated my phone) 

I'm wondering if it's possible to change that to Mississauga or Toronto, Ontario.

You can actually change to a phone number from any available Canadian city you wish.  It doesn't actually make a difference for your services, but it can affeact pepople who are calling you (changing to a number from a different city could make a call long distance for people calling you).  When it comes to Mississauga phone numbers, don't look for "Mississauga" in the list.  The rate centres are usually under old rate centre names suchs as Cooksville or Streetsville.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@samramortgages : That must be where your phone number prefix is from originally.

Edit: One of these:

289-824
289-908
289-961
289-966
365-200
365-335
365-577
365-838
365-870
905-584
905-586
905-587
905-588
905-757

You would have to change your number to one known to be of another area.

samramortgages

Hello,

I ended up getting the 5GB data bonus and I am very happy with my Public Mobile Service.

My question is, that when I call someone for the first time, along with my phone number/caller ID, it shows Caledon East, Ontario. ( I guess that's from when I originally activated my phone) 

I'm wondering if it's possible to change that to Mississauga or Toronto, Ontario.

Kind Regards!

waytomatrix

Finger crossed, lets see when i will get it 🙂 waiting keenly

You're welcome, @samramortgages 

You'll be happy to know that you may get the 5 GB added much sooner than 30 days.  I've been personally aware of at least 2 users who got it within 10 days of activation.

samramortgages

thank you

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@samramortgages :If the above posted reply to this thread you created help solve your problem, you should press the accept solution button above the reply that helped you most - that will mark this thread you created as solved.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @samramortgages   

Please remove your email address as this is a public forum. (You can do this by clicking the three little dots on the top right of your message and select edit.

The 5gb bonus will be applied within 30 days of activation if you activated with the same email address that you registered for the promotion.

Welcome to public mobile!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.