cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$5 voucher

Anonymous
Not applicable

So remember the other day when someone came on saying they got an email from Public Mobile giving her $5?

I just got the same thing. Sorry. I don't download images in emails so this may look slightly different than what it should. This was to an email address of a now-suspended-for-lack-of-payment account.

PM_5dollars.png

So there's a 12 digit voucher code. I warily look at the Pay now link and I get this:

https : // t.email.telus.com / r / ? then some stuff I won't share 🙂

I think...well that's telus.com where it matters.

So I put it in a browser address bar and let it go and it immediately resolved to:

https : // selfserve.publicmobile.ca /

I think...well that's the familiar publicmobile.ca where it matters.

So I go for it.

I put in the voucher number. I get a text from 100 on the new account phone SIM telling me that I made a payment. Of course they would rather I had reactivated the suspended account...so sue me. For $5. 🙂

Seems all legit to me.

Thanks again Public Mobile.

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LovesToPM wrote:

Thanks for sharing this! Public Mobile seems to be doing a lot more unannounced promos.

What plan were you on? Can you just reactivate on the same plan (even if it is one that no longer offered)?

Just out of curiosity, do you lose anything when your plan gets suspended?

Account balance credit? Maybe your referee lost his/her $1 referral credit?

I don't think it was a promo. I think it was an enticement to renew a suspended account.

It was the original $15 plan.

The same plan one had can be reactivated during suspension.

You lose phone service 🙂

Available Funds stays around (not that I had any in this case).

The referral part seems a little confused. I won't get into it.

I'll say that when I tried out the lost/stolen feature, the referral dropped immediately and then came back immediately. Leaving it overnight, it didn't come back until overnight that next night.

Remember...there's suspension and then there's deactivation.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for sharing this! Public Mobile seems to be doing a lot more unannounced promos.

What plan were you on? Can you just reactivate on the same plan (even if it is one that no longer offered)?

Just out of curiosity, do you lose anything when your plan gets suspended?

Account balance credit? Maybe your referee lost his/her $1 referral credit?

Need Help? Let's chat.