cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GB for $24 for existing customer

MartyM2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried talking to support about getting this deal as an existing customer but they wouldn't give me the offer. I have an extra sim card, could I just set up a new sim with the new deal and then port my number to that new sim to get the deal? It's so annoying that companies make these offers but won't give them to long-term customers who have supported them for years but that's the world we live in I guess.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You can do this, @MartyM2024 , but it is a rigmarole to get the original number on the new account.

You would need to set up a new account with a temporary number and then Port the old number to another service provider and then Port that number from the other service provider back into the new public mobile account.

So you'd end up paying for a SIM card and one cycle of plan with another mobile provider to do this.

As I wrote earlier, a bit of a rigmarole but there are some who have done it.

@MartyM2024 wrote:

I tried talking to support about getting this deal as an existing customer but they wouldn't give me the offer. I have an extra sim card, could I just set up a new sim with the new deal and then port my number to that new sim to get the deal? It's so annoying that companies make these offers but won't give them to long-term customers who have supported them for years but that's the world we live in I guess.

Sorry, but a phone number cannot be transferred from one Public Mobile account to another Public Mobile account.

Need Help? Let's chat.