cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Plans

ReallyPissedOff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't be the only one who thinks these new 4G plans are a joke.

The reason most of us use PM is because of their pricing.  We sacrifice customer service for better deals, but these 4G plans certainly aren't worth giving up phone support.

If this was my main account, I wouldn't be switching it to a 4G plan.

8 REPLIES 8

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yeah, I only really see value at PM in the low end as well (which is where I fall data usage-wise). That combined with the discounts for rewards are what keeps me here. I'd just go with Telus or another main brand at the price points at the top of the 4g plan scale.  

True.  All postpaid carriers just try to lock you in with a phone purchase,  if BYOD, pretty much no contract

I always think Tier 3 providers are pretty much designed for low end low usage users.  The high end plans are not to compete with their Tier 2/1 brothers but only for those with no credit history for postpaid plans

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

That is another benefit to PM is no contracts so you aren't locked into anything.  If you don't like them you don' t need to switch to them

@ShawnC13 kind of a moot point really though.  Post-paid plans at other carriers are effectively no longer contracts either--or at least not any with teeth.  You can't be charged a cancellation fee, and the only thing you owe is the balance of your hardware tab if you have an active one, which is fair.  

If anything, with the no-prorated-months mentality at PM, you actually lose more leaving your PM plan than you do a post-paid plan elsewhere.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

That is another benefit to PM is no contracts so you aren't locked into anything.  If you don't like them you don' t need to switch to them

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Maybe PM hopes to drop all 3G plans but $15 and $25. Then there will be no overlapping prices   

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My  2 cents… I have wifi at home.. works great.. I don’t expect my cheap phone service to allow me to surf and stream at top gun speed.. 3 yrs on throttled data service.. still can watch a movie if I’m stuck somewhere.. do pretty much everything needed and possibly on a smartphone.. as said my 2 cents.. not on either side.. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ReallyPissedOff yea they are not much to write home about lol

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ReallyPissedOff PM has it own market for those plans.  Some people do not have the credit required for postpaid plan and they need prepaid plan like PM's

and YES, PM has better low ends plans than high ends

Need Help? Let's chat.