cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 US roaming add-ons for 10 days.

arama
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I crossed the border into the U.S and purchased the $10 US roaming add-ons for 10 days, ($15 Canadian + tax).

What I now have is:
"Unlimited messages US Roaming-Unlimited Text (10 day)"
+

"Unlimited mins US Roaming-Unlimited Talk (10 day)"

1- Can I make or receive calls from Canada for free or are there fees ?

2- Sorry if this is obvious, but how about making or receiving calls to US numbers?

6 REPLIES 6

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you buy a SIM card from phonebox you can pay 19 dollars and have it for the us with 2 gigs you can get it off Amazon good for 30 with unlimited calling and texting forward your pm number to a text now and use it for the month it’s so much cheaper depending on how long your going for of course 

Hi @arama so,  your roaming talk working now?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes let us know if you think you would want to roam for more than the 240 hours. That 240 hours is exact down to the minute. The night before and through to the next day after is all a bit hazy and tricky. Let us know and we can provide some current guidance.

No additional charges will occur. You have 10 day or 240 hours of full service whilst in US. You can call most any US or Cdn number as part of the add-on.

Text as much as you want too.

If you plan to be there longer...wait until your 240 hours has expired...then wait an additional 24 hours before re-buying same add-on.

arama
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @hTideGnow  and thank you.  On my phone "T-mobile" is showing on the top left hand corner already, after the add-on purchase... Just want to mention I didn't manually connect to T-mobile. So I am assuming I don't have to manually connect to a network!?

As for Voicemail btw, do I get any charges, etc (every time I check my voicemail)?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @arama   yes ,you can send and receive calls to/from Canada and US for free

make sure you connect to T-Mobile, you will need its 2G network for voice.  But sometimes, it will be tricky to connect

Need Help? Let's chat.