cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network builder?

cingkrab
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Is there a network builder type feature where we can report poor reception in certain locations? Wind had this feature and while PM's reception is certainly better, I am still experiencing some spots where it is spotty compared to, say, Fido. Is there any way to report signal quality so the network can be improved?
6 REPLIES 6

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know this sound weird but also the smartphone might be the problem.

I have 2 line of PM one i keep it for rough time (Asus zenfone 3). And i have an S6.

Both of them have good signal most of the time, but there are times when reception is poor. 

But i compare my phones with my Dad phone which is a Moto X. And i'm telling you that 99% of the time have Signal Bar FULL and no drop. And is on same plan as i do.

Colin_C
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I too use the Telus Network Experience app to report bad network coverage. I get very bad reception by Francis and Railway in Richmond BC.

Hope they do something to fix it.

Alternatively Telus could report the bad coverage points on a map so customers know what to expect.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @cingkrab,

There is an app caled "Telus Network Experience" by TELUS on the appstore and the playstore.  

All of us PM customers are on the Telus netwrok and this would be the app you can use to send feedback.  

Here is a link to the app:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telus.tneapp&hl=en

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I suppose this forum is as good as any to discuss coverage issues.  Since PM uses a network that is also shared with a whole bunch of other brands, it is not like a network builder option here would provide a direct impact on network improvements.  When I was with Wind, I used their network builder a lot in the early days.  Never once did I get a response for my efforts.  Network building was nothing more than an electronic round file.

Wind's network builder was just a place where customer service could send people so that customers wouldn't call in about network issues, especially when Wind knew that there wasn't anything they could do about it unless a new tower was added.  Did Wind actually use the data collected?  Perhaps they did in the rare case, but customers soon learned not to expect any results from it, and the network builder page was eventually discontinued. 

The actual collection of the network report data is fine.  But, it's more important how and if the company uses the data. 

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
I don't believe this option exist. You can add it in the lab for further consideration if it isn't there
Need Help? Let's chat.