cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found a lost phone on Public Mobile, please help me locate the owner.

mysobriquet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I found a cellphone today with Public Mobile as its carrier.  Location was at Hartsdale Drive and Wincott in Etobicoke.  I have the IMEI number but the phone is otherwise locked and nobody has yet to call it while I had it in my posession.

If someone at Public Mobile could please reach out to me via the email on my community account I would appreciate it.  I will provide the IMEI, and if they could notify the owner I will arrange to return it to them.

If you are reading this and believe the phone is yours, please private message me with a description of the phone, its IMEI (which you should be able to get through your self-serve account, though maybe not, I don't know Public Mobile...), the type of phone it is, where the screen is cracked, and anything else you can give me that proves it belongs to you.

Cheers!

Patrick

8 REPLIES 8

Maybe dad was being safe, as Police Stations are suggested meeting places to transfer ebay and kijiji purchases in person.  A 'safe' place.

@stonechucker wrote:

@mysobriquet you could drop it off at the local police station, and they could use their tools and processes to find the owner.

Try pressing on emergency call, the user may have added an emergency contact (applies to android phone, not sure about others)

I dropped off a found cell phone at a police station once. I called some of numbers in the contact list that sounded like they could be of family members and the father asked me to bring it to a police station.  Well, he actually asked me to find a officer but I didn't want to waste on-street resouces, so I brought it to a police station front desk.  The daughter (owner of the phone) then called me and I think she was annoyed that her dad me bring it to a police station and would have rather just got it from me.  Lol.  The moral of the story: police do have a "lost and found".

oops... it's been a long day.  Didn't see the post was resolved.  Cheers!

@mysobriquet you could drop it off at the local police station, and they could use their tools and processes to find the owner.

Try pressing on emergency call, the user may have added an emergency contact (applies to android phone, not sure about others)

@mysobriquet Not SEEMS a great community... but IS a great community!!!!Smiley Wink

mysobriquet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To Update!  Owner finally called, and I was able to get the phone back to them.  At first I think they believed I was a scammer/robber who wanted to scam them somehow with the phone... can't say I blame them, can't be too safe these days.  

Never heard anything from Public Mobile... they don't make it easy to contact them, do they?  No phone number, no email address... weird.  Seems like a great community you have here, though, which is always a good sign 🙂

Anyway, take care and thanks for the suggestions!

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@mysobriquet nice initiative!! Perhaps you can post a message in Facebook..??

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mysobriquet wrote:

Hi there,

I found a cellphone today with Public Mobile as its carrier.  Location was at Hartsdale Drive and Wincott in Etobicoke.  I have the IMEI number but the phone is otherwise locked and nobody has yet to call it while I had it in my posession.

If someone at Public Mobile could please reach out to me via the email on my community account I would appreciate it.  I will provide the IMEI, and if they could notify the owner I will arrange to return it to them.

If you are reading this and believe the phone is yours, please private message me with a description of the phone, its IMEI (which you should be able to get through your self-serve account, though maybe not, I don't know Public Mobile...), the type of phone it is, where the screen is cracked, and anything else you can give me that proves it belongs to you.

Cheers!

Patrick

@mysobriquet  The best thing to do is to contact Public Mobile @CS_Agent and give them IMEI and they might be able to track the owner. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Hopefully the owner calls you. Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.