cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First impressions (cautiously pleased)

pjstock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

so, after some delays (the PM website crashed in the middle of my activating my new SIM Card and then the Support people went weirdly AWOL for 19 hours) I have my new PM service up and running, with a trial 30 day 3G data plan.

Before porting over my old Fido number and making PM my permanent home, I wanted to test it out a bit. I was concerned that the 3G service would not be sufficiently fast for reasonable use (I don't do video or gaming, my main thing is streaming internet radio and music, in additino to the basics like email, websurfing.)

and I was pleasantly surprised. It works flawlessly.

I can't see any down side to porting over to PM and shutting down my Fido account (which has crept up to about $92 per month for 6GB of LTE data)

I like the 90 day plans which would cut my bills to about $50 a month for about 18GB of 3G data (so about 6Gb per month, though I expect with the 90 day plans there will be less wasted data. )

Now I am still a bit wary about the response times of Support. If I had a real problem, I would hope to get a fix within a few hours.

Peter

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The self serve portal is a little bit shaky but it's not everyday that we have to interact with it.  For the most part, once the account is set up, it's auto pilot.  If I need to do anything significant to the account, I try to do it during the day so that I have time to seek moderator team help.  Private message is more efficient than sitting on the phone listening to bad music.

pjstock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@stonechuckerwrote:

Generally, you'll find your requests for support are answered quickly by community members, if that doesn't get a solution for you, the Moderators are usually same day response, even sub 2 hours.

I had an issue yesterday, and was responded to by the moderator team in about 40 minutes, with resolution by 1.5 hour.

No, I have generally been pleased with the responsiveness of support. far better than haning on the phone to speak to a Live person. generally I am never in such a rush that I need faster than 3 hour repsonse time.

it was just that once, and it was The Day i was trying to activate my new SIM (so I was already a little bit cautious) and it bombed miserably (what happened was the Activate process crashed and when I went back to start again, I got a mesage that my SIM number was already reserved in in use and so I couldn't proceed. I got a quick initial reply  asking for additional info, but after providing all that support went Radio Silent for 19 hours. Now generally that is NOT how you impress a new customer.)

Generally, you'll find your requests for support are answered quickly by community members, if that doesn't get a solution for you, the Moderators are usually same day response, even sub 2 hours.

I had an issue yesterday, and was responded to by the moderator team in about 40 minutes, with resolution by 1.5 hour.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

It's rare but sometimes one's service can be dropped without warning. I help 6 other people with their accounts and none has had a service outage in three years.

If 24 hours without calling is a critical issue peruse this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693

Welcome aboard.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.