cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot download all the pictures via text (Mobile Data)

Cordanilus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The plan that I have is an unlimited talk and text with unlimited picture and video texting.

Now, I never had a problem with this before until the last few days.

Some of the pictures that I have been sent can't be downloaded even though only 1 picture has been sent. It is 358 kb, below the 600 kb limit. I made sure my mobile data is on but when I click on download, it does pretty much nothing. What I mean by that is, it tries to download but then stops. It tells me about 20 minutes later that it could not download the picture.

I have double checked my mobile data settings and they are all correct. Not sure what else it could be at this point. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5 on Android 5.1.1.

Any ideas people?

3 REPLIES 3

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Cordanilus

Is the mobile software updated? Can you try power cycling your phone?

If still no success, please send me your Public Mobile phone number via private message. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Cordanilus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have indeed reset the APN settings. I deleted it completely as well and redo it all.

Interestingly enough, I discovered that unless I have the "APN Type" as "default,supl,mms", I can't get any MMS at all. lol  That's a new one.

What makes this odd for me is this...  I just got 3 MMS picture texts. I can only download 2 of them. I can't get the 3rd one.  Sometimes I just get 1 MMS picture text and I can't download it.  But the next time I get one, it's fine. It seem very random to me. 😛

Any other ideas out there?

Still trying to figure it out. I don't have another phone to try it either, to see if it's my Galaxy S5.

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Cordanilus,

I did a bit of research online, and it seems that there have been some reported MMS issues with the Samsung Galaxy S5.

Have you tried resetting your APN settings? Or even completely deleting them, and recreating the profile?

Cheers,

Kalla

Need Help? Let's chat.