cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Anyone knows how to get LTE with Huawe P8 Max?

Hi @EltonB

Can you tell me the exact model of your phone? If your phone doesn't support BAND 4, you can't get 4G services.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@jheili99 Only one time briefly so 4G and had only 1 bar.

@nishufan Huawei P8 Max.

@nishufan Huawei P8 Max, Dav 703
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

yeah, that it because of your location... it will switch between 4g and if reception drops it will automatically switch to the stronger 3g frequency.... but in essence it is your phone...although compatible with PM not all frequencies are supported with these huawei phones... i had a huawei y625 world phone dual sim..... same thing....north american frequencies for highspeed not supported....

once in $G just run a speed test ...you should be seeing anywhere from 10-30mb/s download

@jheili99 This is supposed to be a luxury version. Its not an Huawei P8, but P8 Max and even has CAT 6 LTE. Supposed to work on 2100 MHZ lte if PM has it. Only briefly today I had 1 bar 4 G and not 4G LTE.
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you model is DAV-703L, your phone can't support band 4.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

yeah but the old samsung s5 already had cat 6 lte support.....if you google your phones specs as huawei p8 max frequencies you will see it only supports 3 higher ones..... comapre these with lets say the samsung s7edge frequencies ...then you will see the difference......but as i said...4G is litterally LTE

@nishufan How about other LTE frequencies? Does PM has only band 4 for LTE? If I change my phone, should I look exclusively for band 4? I dont think Telus has CAT 6, coz I got that.

@jheili99 So no LTE for me then? If no band 4?