Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,124 REPLIES 5,124

cfard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is absolutely unacceptable. I’ve been with PM for almost eight years and this is how you treat your most loyal customers. I’m actively looking for another provider for my number (not Rogers or Bell either) and unless PM backtracks on this (which they have done so before) I am absolutely leaving Telus in the dust. Do better.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Two CCTS complaints accepted.. Let's see how will PM work with me to resolve this.. 

Bunnyhop
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just filed mine. We could start a class action lawsuit as-well for false advertisement.

Bunnyhop

PM needs to be regulated. File a complaint to your regulator.

Kevlar44

Just thought id post a copy of my service ticket measage as some might find my description of the cause for dispute helpful:

When i signed my wife and I up for public mobile the main selling feature was the loyalty rewards. It was always advertised as an incentive that would never change. For each year you get another dollar off up to 5. "Loyalty pays". The rewards program caused me to recommend PM to many others for many years. When the new program was brought in I was assured i would never have to switch. This is a horrible change that is being disingenuously presented as beneficial. When you offer an incentive program that takes years to accumulate and is based on years of patronage it is not ethical to drop it on a whim. When i signed up i factored in long term costs and made that a part of my consideration as this was a promised benefit of a long term commitment. In other words the deal i was evaluating i considered prudent based on prospective savings over a continued duration of patronage given the advertised benefits of being a long term customer. Because of this i have not considered other carriers and have been deprived of economic opportunities for my own betterment based on false and misleading advertisments/assurances. I hope you consider the justifications of this complaint and reverse this unethical decision as it will result in the loss of my wife and I as customers as well as a formal complaint to the CCTS.

Lucster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

4000 messages in 4 weeks but only 22 Bravos to the original post.
I'm not sure how many case were opened with CCTS but more are to be expected.

Lucster

@simon247 wrote:

I'm not sure if I can share the details, but CCTS has so far been surprisingly feisty and helpful on my behalf in addressing this change. I'm certainly glad that I filed the complaint. It was very quick and easy too. My issue has been presented as effectively a billing change in PM's favour disguised under the umbrella of a reward program change that's in violation of former written promises (going from a monetary amount impacting how the bill itself is calculated, to receiving arbitrary points with "no cash value"). Neatly, billing falls directly at the very core of CCTS' scope to take action on. 

On top of the above, the big "checkmate" here that I'm not sure how PM could or will respond to is that when the PublicPoints system launched, we've had written assurances mailed by PM that it will be optional for existing users, who will be able to remain on the existing reward system to continue "saving the same amount" (in PM's words). I happen to be the existing user who made it clear that I'm not willing to take them on the option to stop "saving the same amount" as I did under the current rewards scheme.

I'm truly happy CCTS is helpful with "our" situation.  Keep all of us posted.  I'll be opening 6 cases very soon. 

abtest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 I stand corrected. You are absolutely correct. The example I should have given  would be if you redeem points for credit, and apply the credit, you only get 5% of the plan amount minus the applied Bill credit.

@Oakestester 

In my time here, they seem to involve one of the following reasons:

1. Wording resembling profanity, advertising or services.
  2. Incorrect URLS or the wrong format Such as starting with http:/.
  3. Text similar to an HTML or elements of it...etc...
  4. Any wording that could be misinterpreted as an advertisement.
  5. Spelling mistakes or issues related to spelling.
  6. Create more paragraphs and/or avoiding long sequences of text. 

simon247

I'm not sure if I can share the details, but CCTS has so far been surprisingly feisty and helpful on my behalf in addressing this change. I'm certainly glad that I filed the complaint. It was very quick and easy too. My issue has been presented as effectively a billing change in PM's favour disguised under the umbrella of a reward program change that's in violation of former written promises (going from a monetary amount impacting how the bill itself is calculated, to receiving arbitrary points with "no cash value"). Neatly, billing falls directly at the very core of CCTS' scope to take action on. 

On top of the above, the big "checkmate" here that I'm not sure how PM could or will respond to is that when the PublicPoints system launched, we've had written assurances mailed by PM that it will be optional for existing users, who will be able to remain on the existing reward system to continue "saving the same amount" (in PM's words). I happen to be the existing user who made it clear that I'm not willing to take them on the option to stop "saving the same amount" as I did under the current rewards scheme.

Oakestester

They did in fact go there, but it doesn't say why. Character limit?

@Oakestester 

Check if perhaps they went here: (it's where unmoderated items get sent for various reasons...)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected

Oakestester

Hi Basem! I wanted to post all the details here but they kept getting deleted (maybe too many characters?) so check my RFD post instead: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-retiring-their-old-rewards-program-may-2024-2679876/51... 

@abtest wrote:

@Cheefster wrote:

I'm sure this is the case for others: I've been with Public for 5 years. That's $5 loyalty/month, or $60/year. In the new points system, I will only receive 10 pts ($10/year). That's a $50/year, 83% decrease. The 5% back on my $25 plan vs. $2 autopay is a $0.75/month, 38% decrease. Let's call this what it is, raising prices on long time customers. 

Actually, the 5% is only on money spent.  So if your plan is $25, and you have 5 referrals and no other discounts, then you would get 5% of $20 (not 5% of $25).

On top of that (and I cannot find any clarification in the available information), when you convert your points to a bill credit, will that be applied pre-tax or after tax?  Previous rewards were all before tax.  If the bill credit is after tax, then the 'loos' is even greater! 

@abtest That is incorrect.  You will get 5% on $25 because that is what you are spending.  Your referrals go into points and will not be automatically deducted from your bill.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

fixin

@abtest - It will be counted pre tax so for ex you live in Alberta you would only get $15 not $15.75.

Tax to run Trudeaus private Boeing 737 will be extra.

abtest

@Cheefster wrote:

I'm sure this is the case for others: I've been with Public for 5 years. That's $5 loyalty/month, or $60/year. In the new points system, I will only receive 10 pts ($10/year). That's a $50/year, 83% decrease. The 5% back on my $25 plan vs. $2 autopay is a $0.75/month, 38% decrease. Let's call this what it is, raising prices on long time customers. 

Actually, the 5% is only on money spent.  So if your plan is $25, and you have 5 referrals and no other discounts, then you would get 5% of $20 (not 5% of $25).

On top of that (and I cannot find any clarification in the available information), when you convert your points to a bill credit, will that be applied pre-tax or after tax?  Previous rewards were all before tax.  If the bill credit is after tax, then the 'loos' is even greater! 

Cheefster

ily

@Wolfchilla wrote:

I would like to know if there are any progress with those who have filed CCTS complaints. I am considering filing one, but not sure if it is worthwhile or if it would create problems.

As this isn't really a billing issue, they are raising the price without technically raising our bills. So I'm not sure we can retain the discounted price even if they aren't allowed to charge us for the extra amount while this is in dispute.

I filed and got a response saying the CCTS accepts my complaint and that they're giving PM 20 days to contact me to resolve the issue.

fixin

@Basem24 - You will first contact CS_Agent to get it resolved (It won't get resolved)

⬇️ Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for an agent because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

Then you can make the complaint with the CCTS:

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

Basem24

Where and how I can file the complain ?thanks 

sunshine7

I see this post is the most "successful" one from PM in a long time ...I posted here in the past and won't repeat the same thing but will add a new one... you once had a loyal subscriber with 4 lines that have now reached 5 years ( 3 on 15$ and one on 25$) plus several referrals... when the change goes thorough my 25$ plan is scheduled to go down to 15$ so for that one month you will earn 21$ more ...(your managers that came up with that idea will boost in their improved ARPU) my minutes and non expiring data add on will be used up... 4 sim have already been ordered and once your celebration ends you will find that you're missing 4 clients plus referrals and your TSN and ARPU will drop consistently and will need to do something to stop tge bleeding....too bad at least these 4 clients will never come back to your company nor any company affiliated to Telus once you break trust and loyalty it's almost impossible to get it back. You can still stop this but I know you won't... you're not that smart ...I'll be watching your body floating down the river.

For those that do not care About useless data "gift" downgrade all your lines to 15$ for at least a couple months...if we all do this you will see the alarm bells ringing at Telus and maybe they will wake up and reconsider or at least come up with a fairer deal....I say this as a ex Telus Employee... I know how this all works.

colleeno

@Techie309 wrote:

I'll probably go back to Koodo (also on Telus network). I was with them for 9 years with no rate increases. For a couple of dollars difference they have live customer support. My after tax bill went up by almost $6 with the new system. No loyalty from Public for long term subcribers. I will leave & probably my referals will leave too.

There is a recent article on MobileSyrup about Koodo’s latest plan changes. A direct quote from that article: “Koodo offers more plans than before, but somehow none of them are worth your time.”

@Techie309 wrote:

I'll probably go back to Koodo (also on Telus network). I was with them for 9 years with no rate increases. For a couple of dollars difference they have live customer support. My after tax bill went up by almost $6 with the new system. No loyalty from Public for long term subcribers. I will leave & probably my referals will leave too.

@Techie309 I'm curious as to what long term loyalty rewards Koodo gave you for 9 years?

Techie309

kawasaki

Public Mobile, please reconsider this forced change to the new points system. If you will be forcing everyone to change over, I will be porting out my phone number to another provider. 

@eyes wrote:

That's what they say now ............. ..........but they may also break  that promise .......

@eyes You can say that about every single provider out there. As a matter of fact you can say that about every single company out there. They will until they don't. So for now @jlo10ca has nothing to worry about.

eyes

@jlo10ca Any old data and minute bonuses are still good until they are used up.

That's what they say now ............. ..........but they may also break  that promise .......

@jlo10ca wrote:

I noticed that the 5GB of bonus data I was given due to this change expires in 6 month. The Christmas bonus I got for 2 or 3 years ( data and mins) has no expiration date and I am hoping that they still will not expire. Can someone please confirm that?

@jlo10ca Any old data and minute bonuses are still good until they are used up.

jlo10ca

I noticed that the 5GB of bonus data I was given due to this change expires in 6 month. The Christmas bonus I got for 2 or 3 years ( data and mins) has no expiration date and I am hoping that they still will not expire. Can someone please confirm that?

The old plan was saving me $7 a month on $15 which was amazing.  The new rewards might save me $2 a month as far as I can remember…. Oh well

Need Help? Let's chat.