Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors - August 2019

Silvio_M
Customer Support Agent

August 2019.png

Hello Community,

We would like to thank everyone for the great conversations and for encouraging fellow members to seek support and answers on the Community.

Special thanks to the Community members listed below for supporting other Community members with their questions, providing detailed answers and building on the solutions provided by others.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

Oracles August 2019.PNG

We would like to tip our hats to these awesome folks below for their efforts on a daily basis. The efforts of the Top 1% are truly amazing!

Top 1% August 2019.PNG

We also want to give a shout-out to the following members who have been active on the Community as well...   Keep it up!

Top 5% August 2019.PNG

Once again, congratulations to all our contributors for August! A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile. A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

Reward Chart.PNG

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas. And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Bravo.PNG

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

Accept as Solution.PNG

73 REPLIES 73

@samanthaburton wrote:

Thank you @GR 

To confirm, no way to tell my current status or rank unless I recieve the badge?

You can kind of go with Bravos leaderboard.....

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@samanthaburton wrote:

Thank you @GR 

To confirm, no way to tell my current status or rank unless I recieve the badge?

@samanthaburton  With some experience, you can estimate, but it's hard to be sure which contributor level you've achieved for any given month until you actually get the badge, which is usually awarded around the same time as the monthly contributors announcement.  That's because the same amount of contribution can result in a different reward level from one month to the next, depending on how busy the month was.

@samanthaburton you can click on your user name and you'll see all the info about your community account!  I just did and I see you've got some badges for bravos given, 1st post, 1 reply given and a few others but none yet for the community.  Keep in mind you have to help quite a bit in the community to get in the top 50% or better

samanthaburton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you @GR 

@samanthaburton  if you rank in the top 50% or better you'll get a badge that says it and in your notifications it will tell you  and on your self serve account in rewards you'll see the amount from 1$ to 15$ under community rewards.  They give out the badges around the 6th of the month 

samanthaburton

Rookie question, how do I tell where I rank in terms of contributors from a % basis?

xujun1818
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

interesting.let me try my first post

Zarax

Congratulations to everyone! Thanks for contributing and making this forum helpful to all.

I hope I will earn one soon 

kevinqqh

Smiley Very Happy

madhi19
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congratulation, it take some decent work to grind your way up.

wingin

Welcome to PM. I agree with you that it's really cool to get reward monthly 🙂

kams786

congratulation. Hope you enjoy the reward also thanks for the help.

@rukawa0929 wrote:

Wow joined last month and earned $1 off for my first month.. ! 
It's really cool to be rewarded and also help out other people in the community.
Thank you PM!

Congrats....it takes a lot of dedication to earn a community reward in the first month. I know I'm new too! Keep up the good work....we all appreciate it.

rukawa0929

Wow joined last month and earned $1 off for my first month.. ! 
It's really cool to be rewarded and also help out other people in the community.
Thank you PM!

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congratulations to all contributors. Let us continue to strive for the community and Public Mobile to improve as a whole.

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congrats to all!

LindaB

wow congrats everyone

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Lemony_Snicket wrote:

I am new to this.  I hope it isn't too hard to learn the ropes and contribute to make a difference.

Not at all. Start first with reading posts, knowledge articles and the help sections. Aim to be able to manage and troubleshoot your own account. Bravo and reply: I like to bravo posts that teach me something, make me laugh or give great tips or solutions. Then the more you know you can really start to help other users. I've had some great "mentors" to really help me navigate pm and guide me. My computer skills...alas...still suck! So I can't help as much as I'd like but I'm working on it. Anybody out there want to tell me in toddler language how to supply a link? Very happy you've found pm and welcome to public mobile.

When at a page you want to link to, click in the address bar, capture/copy the whole address using one of several copy methods ie. ctrl-C.

When in the typing box here...type a word to describe the link (optional as some people just paste in the whole thing which I think makes it cluttered) and then select it. Then in the little icon bar to the left of the big quote button you'll see a kind of two link chain likely immediately to the left of the photos icon. Click on it and paste in the link text using one of several paste methods ie ctrl-V. You'll see the word you selected earlier already. Finish it and it will appear in the post as underlined. Post the post.

Done.

Ok thank you I'll give it a go. Probably need a couple of more tips til my brain gets it. But really thanks....if only the computer could catch up to my brain versus vice versa.. ..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Lemony_Snicket wrote:

I am new to this.  I hope it isn't too hard to learn the ropes and contribute to make a difference.

Not at all. Start first with reading posts, knowledge articles and the help sections. Aim to be able to manage and troubleshoot your own account. Bravo and reply: I like to bravo posts that teach me something, make me laugh or give great tips or solutions. Then the more you know you can really start to help other users. I've had some great "mentors" to really help me navigate pm and guide me. My computer skills...alas...still suck! So I can't help as much as I'd like but I'm working on it. Anybody out there want to tell me in toddler language how to supply a link? Very happy you've found pm and welcome to public mobile.

When at a page you want to link to, click in the address bar, capture/copy the whole address using one of several copy methods ie. ctrl-C.

When in the typing box here...type a word to describe the link (optional as some people just paste in the whole thing which I think makes it cluttered) and then select it. Then in the little icon bar to the left of the big quote button you'll see a kind of two link chain likely immediately to the left of the photos icon. Click on it and paste in the link text using one of several paste methods ie ctrl-V. You'll see the word you selected earlier already. Finish it and it will appear in the post as underlined. Post the post.

Done.

@Lemony_Snicket wrote:

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

dickwong

@GR Thank you

GR
Mayor / Maire

@dickwong yes!  You have to keep contributing to the community to earn rewards every month 

dickwong

is the rebate earned good for one month only?

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congrats to all those who contributed and was rewarded for their efforts.  Really appreciate everything you all do to make PM the best telecommunications service provider out there.  Big thank you to the Moderators, Oracles, and PM team/management for always doing the best they can, and continuously finding ways to make PM better for all customers.  Definitely looking forward to see what happens in the future, led by customer feedback and suggestions.

sbreakin

Cogratualtions to all those that help our community.

Thats what's it all about - helping others in this great community.

Particulalr new PM customers such as a friend who just converted during the sign up & get 2nd month freee.  I was enough to convert over (well plus the $10 from using me as a referral).

tyedye00

hahah well put! Just do a little here and there! Thats what matters 🙂

tyedye00

Welcome to the PM Fam!!! #ExcitingTimes

@Kcurtis wrote:

Congratulations! I'm new to this, but this seems like such a great idea! 

@luke11992 wrote:

Ahh I can't seem to break 50% lol. This month I tried to log in almost every day, and I was on page 3 out of 46 for the Bravo leaderboard this month, and still can't get past 50!

Hey @luke11992 , you've done a great job. My goal was to hopefully make the top 50% and save a buck. More importantly I knew I was going to have to learn all about how an online mobile provider works because I wouldn't be able to sit for a couple hours on the phone indignantly waiting for a customer service agent. No more expletives shouted at their automated system or complaining to someone in Guatemala  how they (not them personally) screwed up my bill. I feel really bad though the last guy I got at telus did a fantastic job of fixing my account....i did later call in to praise his performance and then promptly ported my number over to pm.  Back to the point....especially when your new it takes an insane amount of time to learn, post, read and eventually help. My boyfriend thinks I'm addicted (A little maybe) and he has lessened his Facebook and Instagram time now that the tables have turned. Spending a bit of time more or less everyday and making an effort to reach out and help when you can is awesome.  Pat yourself on the back you've done good. And I bet you still have a life.....thats the best reward. Thank you for your contributions they are appreciated.

luke11992

Ahh I can't seem to break 50% lol. This month I tried to log in almost every day, and I was on page 3 out of 46 for the Bravo leaderboard this month, and still can't get past 50!

Need Help? Let's chat.