Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to say goodbye

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

It’s with mixed emotions that I announce to you today my departure from Public Mobile as a Community Manager.

Over 2 years ago I had the opportunity to start my journey with Public Mobile, and let me tell you it was a journey that I will never forget. I’m blessed to have met and worked with many of you who have helped to create the awesome Community we have today. I’m also pleased with the progression and the liveliness of this community – it’s like none other out there and it’s all thanks to you. The level of engagement, interaction and health of our community is beyond what I would ever imagine and truly first in class when compared to others.

Who would have ever thought a Telecom company can be fully supported with an online Community of believers and no call center? Together we’ve accomplished many things, disagreed and agreed on many things, but we have always worked together, in unison, to support others who also took a chance in dealing with an online only telecom company.

I would also like to recognize our Oracles @srlawren, @Rockdaddy22@imm1304@NDesai @Luddite. They truly lived up to their titles and so much couldn’t have been done without their compassion towards the community and of course - supporting others. Additionally, I would like to thank the Mods. They’re a unique bunch and I’m truly amazed of the awesome work they’ve accomplished to date – The best group of people I ever supportedRobot wink

I also owe a multitude of thanks to @Martin. Martin is no longer with us, but I’m sure he’s watching over us from the mothership, with a colander on his head! R.I.P my friend.

Going forward there is still much to do, and there are still many opportunities that need to be addressed. With your engagement and support, I’m sure you will accomplish many amazing things.

As our Community continues to evolve, so does our customer support. When we first launched the Community, your questions were addressed by me, your Community Manager. Shortly thereafter, we introduced our amazing @Moderator_Team, who has been there to help answer any questions that cannot be answered by your fellow Community members. Given that our moderator team is such a strong, capable group, with whom many of you have developed strong relations, the role of the new Community Manager will be changing. Now, the role will be more behind-the-scenes, working very closely with the @CS_Agent, and incorporating your feedback so we can continue to improve upon the Community. While you may not hear from the new Community Manager as you did from me, you can rest assured that she will be closely in-tune with what is going on.

As for myself - I’ve taken an opportunity with our sister brand Koodo, so I won’t be too far away and I’ll make sure to come and visit every now and then. Again – thank you for being so awesome, thank you for everything you’ve done, and I look forward to hearing amazing things in the near future.

Cheers,

Jeremy M

83 REPLIES 83

Dkilcup098
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Raise what flags? I have family that is with pm for years now and have helped them through a lot of stuff with pm so I have talked to a lot of service reps and also things can change over a couple years like providing phones to ppl so I’m not sure what flags I’m raising but I think ppl just want to turn a simple thank you in to all this for no apparent reason I didn’t think saying someone was good at there job is a big problem but apparently it is for some odd reason. So now ppl want to get nosey and ask how do I know him blah blah blah I don’t see why that would matter to anyone

@Dkilcup098 wrote:

I don’t know him personally it’s not my first time dealing with pm sorry if I offended you or anyone by bringing up his name

It was confusing that you were asking all these questions  about the service but then posted you had dealt with him.  So if you have dealt with PM before you would know that they don't sell phones and a lot of your other questions you would have already known.  It raised flags of someone trying to troll the community

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dkilcup098

I don’t know him personally it’s not my first time dealing with pm sorry if I offended you or anyone by bringing up his name

Dkilcup098

I’m not understanding what the problem is with known somebody or saying that the service they provided was good sorry I made everyone angry for known someone didn’t think saying someone provided good service would blow up like this

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren, wasn't me not sure who did but it did mention Jeremy  I will look for the original thread and try and merge them back together

ETA thread back together and @srlawren it was an old thread that got dug up

It was the thread with with Jerermy announcing his departure.

@srlawren wrote:

@computergeek541 @ShawnC13 @NDesai I guess one of you must have split this out from another thread?  I don't see @Dkilcup098 mention Jeremy here in this thread?

No, I didn't move or merge anything for dkilcup098.  From what I can tell, the messages were posted like this in different categories and threads.  In fact, this thread (good service) was on its own before anyone even replied.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren, wasn't me not sure who did but it did mention Jeremy  I will look for the original thread and try and merge them back together

@ShawnC13 no worries, not the end of the world.  😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ETA thread back together and @srlawren it was an old thread that got dug up

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

@computergeek541 @ShawnC13 @NDesai I guess one of you must have split this out from another thread?  I don't see @Dkilcup098 mention Jeremy here in this thread?

But @Dkilcup098 that is a valid question.  The questions you've been asking recently make it sound like you are a new customer (or prospective customer) and Jeremy hasn't been with PM for about...a year and a half?  2 years?  Something like that.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Dkilcup098 wrote:

Best service rep ever

Jeremy really wasn't a hands on moderator that solved service issues

dkilcup098, how long have you been a customer?  because Jeremy hasn't been around for a really long time.  Was it perhaps one of the other employees or moderators who were helping you before?

@Dkilcup098 wrote:

Best service rep ever

Jeremy really wasn't a hands on moderator that solved service issues

Wait, how do you know Jeremy?

Dkilcup098

Still a good guy dealt with him before and service was great

@Dkilcup098 wrote:

Jeremy_M gonna miss ya good fella

Jeremy left to for Koodo more than a year ago.

Dkilcup098

Best service rep ever

Dkilcup098

Jeremy_M gonna miss ya good fella

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MEU_21wrote:

Deed is done. Moved over.

I will miss the forum and all those that have contributed to making it great. It is a unique concept from a telecom company. I still think it is a winning formula, but execution is severely lacking.

I couldn't resist anymore... so here is what I managed to get:

-6GB for $40/m, canada-wide.

-Samsung A5(2017) for $0 down and $15/m, but I got $300 in Walmart gift cards. So, in the end, I got the A5 for $60

-Free SIM (done at Walmart)

-The $100 credit just about covers what I lost in PM and the $60 left for the A5

-Plus, I will hopefully get the $50 referral

Altogether, a free A5, and $50 towards my $40 bill.

Update:

Sold the A5 for $280.

Ordered the S9 from FM on my other account for $480 - $150 Trade-in of a useless phone - $280 from sale of A5 - $50 referral  = $0

LOL... bought the S9 for $0 and tab essentially paid off, with a 6GB/$40 monthly plan. Thanks PM, Koodo, FM! Early migrators have done even better.

Since I don't need the phone, a family member gets to upgrade to the S9 😞

@SD08wrote:

@computergeek541wrote:

Good luck at your new cell carrier home.

I've actually flip-flopped and decided to stay at Public.  So, I guess it's time for me to say "hello again" to the Public Mobile members - just kidding.  Good luck again.

Welcome back.  It's like you never left, lol.
J/K... Glad to see you're staying.

As for me, I'm staying put as well. However, I'm no longer so adamant as I once was about remaining. It depends on the offers and their timing.  At the moment, it would take something other than a large data plan to move me.

Haha, I really never did leave.  Even after I told others that I was leaving and that I had put in a Koodo order, I was still participating in threads even if those topics had nothing to do with the Koodo mirgration.  So, I was earning more "bravos" and community rewards for my account even though I thought I was going to switch.

@mimmowrote:

@zhadj030 are you able to change the email address in litium or selfserve? The rewards are linked via email so by changing the forum email you should be easily able to collect rewards, unless you want to collect badges again:)

I did not think of that . wow

Jonavin

Their ARPU goes up every time someone switches over and lose their annual and referral credits. So I agree that you will not see any plans below $40. I think 6GB is also the limit. If you’re not biting at that going 1GB USB only a marginal difference.

mimmo

@zhadj030 are you able to change the email address in litium or selfserve? The rewards are linked via email so by changing the forum email you should be easily able to collect rewards, unless you want to collect badges again:)

@mimmowrote:

@WearySky good points.

Well I will be moving my main account to Koodo, that 100 credited and referer should cover a whole year pr so of the rewards that could happen with PM at that time, but since I lost any confidence in them. 6GB for 40$ is a good deal considering that 120/90 is supposed to be that price anyway. 

I have a other account not with the promo so I will still show up here but maybe under an other name XD

mimmo

@WearySky good points.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmowrote:

It will be interesting to see what happens once the dust settles down.  if they let it settles that is.

I'm curious what round 6 will be? ( Or is it round 7, I lost track)

I'm guessing Two possible options:

7gb for $40 or 4gb for $35.  I think the second is the more enticing option.

I don't think they'll go under $40 - they want to keep ARPU up. And I think the 6gb is the end of the deals, once this expires on the 15th that'll be it. The reason they do these big pushes to get people off PM in March is because it's coming up on fiscal year end, and postpaid customers look better on the books than prepaid do when the investors look  at the annual report. 

mimmo

It will be interesting to see what happens once the dust settles down.  if they let it settles that is.

I'm curious what round 6 will be? ( Or is it round 7, I lost track)

I'm guessing Two possible options:

7gb for $40 or 4gb for $35.  I think the second is the more enticing option.

SD08

@computergeek541wrote:

I've actually flip-flopped and decided to stay at Public.  So, I guess it's time for me to say "hello again" to the Public Mobile members - just kidding.  Good luck again.

Welcome back.  It's like you never left, lol.
J/K... Glad to see you're staying.

As for me, I'm staying put as well. However, I'm no longer so adamant as I once was about remaining. It depends on the offers and their timing.  At the moment, it would take something other than a large data plan to move me.

MEU_21

Deed is done. Moved over.

I will miss the forum and all those that have contributed to making it great. It is a unique concept from a telecom company. I still think it is a winning formula, but execution is severely lacking.

I couldn't resist anymore... so here is what I managed to get:

-6GB for $40/m, canada-wide.

-Samsung A5(2017) for $0 down and $15/m, but I got $300 in Walmart gift cards. So, in the end, I got the A5 for $60

-Free SIM (done at Walmart)

-The $100 credit just about covers what I lost in PM and the $60 left for the A5

-Plus, I will hopefully get the $50 referral

Altogether, a free A5, and $50 towards my $40 bill.

homer

Hahahaha yeah @methyl looks like many PM users will reunite with Jeremy at Koodo 

methyl

Looks like we're on the way to reunion with Jeremy! 

Need Help? Let's chat.