cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System maintenance- Oct 13th 11:00 PM ET to Sunday, Oct 14th 8:00 AM ET

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This means that on Oct 13th 11:00 PM ET to Sunday, Oct 14th 8:00 AM ET you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

large.png

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
19 REPLIES 19

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good to see that PM does regular upgrades and announces them.  It shows good commitment to its systems and customers.

If anyone is not used to seeing these things, you should be glad that updates are being done frequently and regularly.  Coming from a large organiztion and being part of regular system updates, I know that these will go a long way to stabilizing systems and increasing up-time for everyone.  Some things may break temporarily, but the net effect is a better user experience with the system.  

Keep up the good work guys!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AF1187 wrote:

I have cleared browser cache and cookies but that did not solve my problem - the system keeps denying my credit card for some reason. According to my bank, there's nothing wrong with my card. Not sure what to do and in desperate need to have my account active again. 

If you have a unit number in your address, don't use the unit number field. Put it in the street address. Make sure your address exactly matches that of the credit card.

AF1187
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have cleared browser cache and cookies but that did not solve my problem - the system keeps denying my credit card for some reason. According to my bank, there's nothing wrong with my card. Not sure what to do and in desperate need to have my account active again. 

Mastaiso
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Clear your browser cache/cookies and return to self serve, u should see your plan and make a payment. Since the update, my plan wasnt there until I did that.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@reyres if renewing try calling 611 can pay via voucher buy from recharge.com or if you have a cc on file.

reyres

FIX your website. My plan expired today and nothing works. I cannot renew or change anything

Capture.PNGScreenshot_2018-10-14 Public Mobile - ChangePlanLandingPage.png

ashleyb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thannks for the update!

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RobertQc wrote:

Hopefully this is due to updating the plan builder with some new promotions!

I bet that will happen after the 15th when the current promotions end. 🙂

There are no monthly plans actually.  There are only 30-day or 90-day cycles.

Oldtimer102

@stonechucker

Sorry I don't follow. 

What are these 4 month long plans that you mentioned?

@Oldtimer102 You only get 4 month long plans at Public Mobile.  However you can get 12 30-day cycles, and a 5 or 6 day early start to the next year, depending on the year.

Oldtimer102

I second this!!

90 days cycles involve a degree of risk. (Payment of full 90 day amount despite possibility of flash deals or unforeseen circumstances, international travel, cancellation)

Those locked in for 90 days deserve some sort of reward! Otherwise I'll be sticking to month long plans 

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks! Also apparently the header of self-serve has changed to be in line with the main website. Might be some self-serve upgrade!

(Ignore previous edit)

nguyen2007

Thanks for the info.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Oh, please, please fix more and break less in the process. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I don't think they'd need a 9 hour outage window to change the plan offerings.  This sounds more like routine maintenance.  I would guess OS patching and/or database maintenance (reindexing, archiving old data, etc).  But i could be way off base.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Shazia_K Thanks for the info

Would love to see cost savings return for 90-day cycles.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Hopefully this is due to updating the plan builder with some new promotions!

Need Help? Let's chat.