Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Maintenance on March 5

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community, 

We wanted to give you an update that Activations, My Account Access and Ticket submissions will be unavailable during the following maintenance window:

March 5 | 1:00 AM EST to 6:00 AM EST   or   March 4 | 10:00 PM PST to 3:00 AM PST 

During this time you will be unable to log into: 

• My Account | Website or App
    PublicMobile.ca will still be available to view. 
  • Community
    Community will still be available to view only. 
  • Chatbot
    You will be unable to submit a ticket through our virtual assistant, but you can still ask questions for help information.

Once splash pages are down, you will be able to complete your activation or log into your account.

• The Public Mobile Team
15 REPLIES 15

JohnB1970
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There's no updates on the public mobile app it hasn't even been updated for 3 months and your add more funds button has disappeared still!

Colby1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you’re on iPhone make sure that you’ve gone to settings > cellular, then under sims you should see your old one maybe labeled as “personal” and turn that off, then make sure you’ve turned on the other sim from Public Mobile. If you click on “personal” or “primary” you should see what carrier it’s for. Hope this helps!:)

Pewter

Activated March 3. eSIM card would not activate on iPhone. Was sent a QR code to download another eSiM card. Still won't work "unable to activate eSIM...you can contact your carrier for assistance"

System was supposed to be up and running today at 6pm EST. 

Any suggestions???

@Generallee wrote:

It doesn’t seem to be working for me. I’m in NS and everytime I try to log in I’m rerouted to log in page again. Yet I can log into this forum. Frustrated. 

Try logging in to your account on a laptop...but clear cache files and try a different web browser. I'm using Firefox w/o any problem.

Generallee

It doesn’t seem to be working for me. I’m in NS and everytime I try to log in I’m rerouted to log in page again. Yet I can log into this forum. Frustrated. 

@Generallee wrote:

When will service actually be restored? I still can’t log in and can’t activate my sons account. 

It seems to be functioning now...at least here in BC it is.

Generallee

When will service actually be restored? I still can’t log in and can’t activate my sons account. 

Zal_

Not sure why I didn’t receive this service impact notification by email or text? It would be nice to receive service impact notifications by email or text.

dgdoman

customer service

@OshawaJack wrote:

I hope this will add Wifi Calling to PM. They are the only major 2nd tier provider that does not offer it! I'll be moving to Freedom if they don't, same $34/month plan with US calling and Wifi calling.

@OshawaJack , Public Mobile is a 3rd tier provider. So is Chatr & Lucky Mobile. I am not aware of a 3rd tier provider that has Wi-Fi calling!

Koodo, Fido & Virgin Plus is the 2nd tier provider. They have VoLTE & Wi-Fi calling.

It would be nice if Public Mobile had it, many of us Customers have asked for it & need it due to living in areas with poor to no signal but unfortunately we haven’t received it! I am not sure they will ever have it here. If we need it we would have to go with a provider that offers it.

JeffMo

I had Freedom for a couple years and I can tell you, if you live somewhere rural, the service sucks. If your device senses even a tiny hint of signal from a Freedom tower, it will not hand off to a "partner" whether the signal is strong enough to make a call or use data or not. the only option then, is to manually connect to a different network and reboot. 

If you live in a city centre and don't travel around much, it might be good. But I really got tired of having to deal with my wonky phone all the time. 

Bastian_Vaughan

Yeah I have to admit that it's frigging annoying to cheap out on those basics... It's not like it cost them additional money when we us it. Also they should make volte public without any blacklisting as well. 

OshawaJack

I hope this will add Wifi Calling to PM. They are the only major 2nd tier provider that does not offer it! I'll be moving to Freedom if they don't, same $34/month plan with US calling and Wifi calling.

Esskp

Are u guys fixing the add more funds button that magically disappeared??

Need Help? Let's chat.