cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Ordering & SIM Card Payment & Pick-Up Locations

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

UPDATE: VANCOUVER IS OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT.

Hey Community,

There are only 2 more days left for you to take advantage of our 4G/ $40 promotional plan. Since time is short, we are doing a couple of things to help you get your SIM cards prior to the promo ending, and so that we level-set on expectations.

We are temporarily stopping SIM cards shipments.

Unfortunately, you’ll need to come back to order SIM cards next week since we’ve temporarily stopped shipping SIM cards. Why? We thought you’d want to know. It’s simple: any SIM cards that are ordered now will not make it into your hands before the end of our promotion (Sunday, November 20 at 11:59pm) and we don’t want you to get your hopes up and then be disappointed. But do come back and check us out next week – we’d love to have you join us.

We will be setting up SIM card pick-up locations in 3 urban centres.

For people who have not yet received their SIM cards in the mail, or for people who would like to switch at the last minute, we are setting up SIM card pick-up locations.  This is how it will work:

• Those who have not yet ordered a SIM card can purchase a SIM card for $5 each. Credit cards and VISA debit cards are the only accepted payment methods.  No other method of payment will be accepted. All SIM card purchases will be non-refundable.
  • In the spirit of Movember, all proceeds will be donated to the Movember Foundation to address some of the biggest health issues faced by men.
  • If you have ordered a SIM card and have not yet received it, please bring your Shopify order confirmation email to prove your payment (either electronically or printed). Without this confirmation email, you will need to pay for another SIM card.

Who are you looking for? At each location there will be two Public Mobile representatives dressed with a white Public Mobile snapback and orange Public Mobile cape. Yes, that’s right- a cape. 

What time will the reps be available? Reps will be available Friday November 18th and Saturday November 19th from 11am - 7 pm local time. 

How many SIM cards can I purchase? There will be a limit of 2 SIM cards per person

Please note:  There are limited quantities of SIM cards at each location and we will be spreading out our supplies across the two days. 

Where can you pick-up SIM cards?

Toronto

Outside of the TELUS Tower

25 York Street

Toronto Ontario

M5J 2V5

Vancouver -- SOLD OUT FOR NOVEMBER 18 & NOVEMBER 19 

On the corner of Richards St and West Georgia

Vancouver British Columbia

Montreal

North of the TELUS Tower

Corner of René-Lévesque Boulevard and Union Avenue

Montreal Quebec

H3B 3C1

Last but not least, if you do have any Public Mobile SIM cards that you are not planning on using before the promotion is done, be kind! Let friends, family or Community members know, so that they can also take advantage of the great deal. We appreciate you lending a hand! 

-Public Mobile Community team

277 REPLIES 277

PandaP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Durrrr I didn't read and it's Thursday haha

PandaP
At telus garden but no reps?

@Andrewtang1 Unfortunately if you didn't order your SIM card soon enough, you may be out of luck. If you ordered on Tuesday, you should have it on Friday. If on Wednesday, you might miss out. With Canada Post, the 1-2 day shipping standard is one day to Ontario/Quebec and two days everywhere else (cards coming from Mississauga). We need to remember there's at least one day to prep the order, so it really depends at what time you ordered.

Also, some people have been providing incomplete addresses. If you live in an apartment or condo, some people didn't include their unit number. PM can't possibly be blamed for that, if someone misses out on the promo because of a bad address.

Anyway, hopefully you get your shipment tomorrow, and then you won't have to worry whether it's fair or not. Good luck!

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@daredogg I need all the data and more!!!!!!!

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@Brooke_C there's a small error in your first sentence... There are only 4 more days left for you to take advantage of our $4G/ $40 promotional plan. No dollar sign needed in front of 4GB. Robot Very Happy Thanks for this post!

@CaNuCk07 savings for years... provided you actually need all that data!!

I've decided to stay put with my 3GB per 90 days. I'll end up saving an extra $9 every 90 days! Robot tongue

@fredp take subway to Union, walk south under the tracks along York, and it's on your left

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@daredogg  If i lived in Ottawa (luckily i dont) i would definitely make the drive to montreal, waste a day but this plan can provide savings for years!

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@aschoenr You are incorrect the promo is still continuing until the intended date for those who responded to the promotion within a normal period of time.

In fact by stopping shipping of SIM cards PM is being proactive by not allowing people to think they might be able to make it by cutoff, when in reality they wouldnt.

If they really were cynical they would have continued to ship sim cards to make the $5 regardless of the time frame.  Something im sure the other Big red and blue carries would do.

@aschoenr You need a SIM card to activate a new account, so if you don't have one, unfortunately you'll be out of luck and won't be able to take advantage of the promotion. It's not that the promo is ending 3 days early, it's that you don't have a SIM card to take part in it.

Only solution... get in the car and drive to Montreal!

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Seriously dude, it's been nearly a month. Stop coming in at the last minute and complaining. The promo is not over. If you have SIM card in hand or are an existing customer, you have 3 days left to decide. Sorry you might missed out but I think PM had done everything they can to get everyone signed up.

aschoenr

@Brooke_C wrote:

we don’t want you to get your hopes up and then be disappointed. But do come back and check us out next week – we’d love to have you join us.

As someone who was vaguely aware of this promotion but came here today (several days before the promotion is over) to get the details and sign up, I've arrived to find I'm too late. Hard not to be disappointed. I've never seen a business offer a promotion that ends, for all internts and purposes, 3 or 4 days before the advertised end date. I guess this is what "doing wireless differently" (or whatever the catch phrase is) looks like. I would hope that people at PM realize that this is not ideal and accept that this should've been setup differently. I also hope that future promotions are not handled in the same fashion. 

If there is a way for my wife and I to sign up for this promotion today (3 days before the end of the promotion) please let me know. We live in Ottawa and do not have SIM cards. 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Better to cannibalize yourself than having someone else do it.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Holy Cow. It seems like you guys are almost out of Sim Cards...that's crazy.

Would have been good if you had leveraged the Telus building in Scarborough as well.

Anyways, good luck.

I'm sure the Telus folks are torn at all the cannibalization going on from Koodo by PM.

Andrewtang1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Seems like it wouldn't be fair if someone ordered the sim card on time and couldn't sign up for it due to shipping issues

Andrewtang1
What about people that ordered sim cards but don't live in the 3 urban centers? Will the promo be honored? Maybe have the sign up page for it requiring order number for sim to check it was within the time frame of the promotion?

imm1304

Hey @fredp,

25 York street is right next to the Air Canada Center.  If you know where the "Jurassic Park" main entrance to the ACC is, you won't miss the Telus tower right next door.  

trshtup

Great....will you be wearig orange Speedos with PM on the back as well? 

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nice to stop the online order of SIM cards! 

25jai
Thanks for opening up to buy SIMs in person.
Any reason why Sunday is not opened? Since the deal is until Sunday why isn't it opened for people to purchase them?

This is certainly a first step, NOW, when PM introduces anotherhave  Promo, Hopefully they'll have a better understanding of this experience, and history avoids repeating in a unpleasant way.

Ya know, what if PM had Tri-Sim Dispenseries Machines in Major Cities, like Tor, London, Windsor, Ottawa, Sault-Saint Marie, Montreal, Van, Calgary, Edmonton, Sask, Winnipeg

Maybe that would reduce some of the strain PPL have with Sim Orders

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

nm this post... im not paying attention.

Rockdaddy22
Just ask in the Telus tower for the guy with the cape I guess lol

fredp

In Toronto, where in Telus Tower?

firstdataplan

I will let my friend know.  he is upsetting as he did not know he needed to order the sim card first.

jboosti

If someone could get me a SIM card to activate in time for the fall promo I would give them a referral. Thanks

tknguyen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wearing a cape???  I LOVE IT 😂😂 (can I have one)

ymwoho

saw it, didn't read the entire msg carefully. my bad.

ymwoho

what is the hours?

sorry, my bad, didn't read it carefully earlier

Friday November 18th and Saturday November 19th from 11am - 7 pm local time. 

rdb91

@Brooke_C wrote:

Hey Community,

• If you have ordered a SIM card and have not yet received it, please bring your Shopify order confirmation email to prove your payment (either electronically or printed). Without this confirmation email, you will need to pay for another SIM card.

How many SIM cards can I purchase? There will be a limit of 2 SIM cards per person

Please note:  There are limited quantities of SIM cards at each location and we will be spreading out our supplies across the two days. 

@Brooke_C Will the 2 card limit still apply to folks that ordered more than 2?

Need Help? Let's chat.