cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Poll - Who was your wireless provider before you joined Public Mobile?

David_J
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community! We’re trying out a new feature called “Public Poll” as a way for us to get to know you better and what brought you to Public Mobile. You can find the poll on the right side of your web page, right under the announcements. Our question this week is “Who was your wireless provider before you joined Public Mobile?” Let us know!

69 REPLIES 69

I think in recent months it has been very obvious who Public was targeting

Last promo was clearly to attract Chatr/Mobilicity clients

This promo is clearly directed to Wind clients

nexusfan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ported from Wind and Bell.

I also ported from Wind

I feel bad for Wind they must be loosing a ton of customers

kuzi
@David_J with this new 12GB promo, you guys should run this poll again

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Welcome to the PM family:)

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Oh!! Was with Fido (3 months), i have switched to PM for better service and stop getting over bills. I got a BYP with them with a fixed amount to pay, first and second month bills were ok. But the third one I was charged 22 % more of the amount.  Just paid and joined PM without notification. 

The Wind numbers are not at all surprising

Most people left BIG3 to go to Wind, then left Wind in disgust over quality of service

After that they split up over all the flanker brands (Public, Koodo, Chatr, Fido, Virgin etc)

Fido is the one number that surprises me as it seems out of place compared to other similar brands (eg Koodo)

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Bell is lower then I thought it would be, and Wind is higher

Igor_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey everyone,

Thanks for participating in our poll! Here’s what we found out:

Wind - 26%

Fido - 12%

Videotron - 0%

Virgin - 10%

Koodo - 3%

Bell - 9%

Chatr - 2%

Rogers - 10%

Mobilicity - 0%

Telus - 17%

Other - 2%

I didn't have a wireless provider - 5%

My Public Mobile phone is my secondary phone - 3%

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire
I have been on nearly every wireless provider in Canada at one point or another. Rogers, Bell, Fido, Mobilicity, Public Mobile (CDMA & HSPA/LTE), Koodo & 7-11 have all been my primary carriers at one point or another. Also use Solo, Telus, & Wind but not as main phone.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Thanks for your positive opinion. The Public Mobile community team, consisting of employees only, will be pleased to read it.

I trust that your positive experiences will continue.

Cheers.

dcolb566

I was with Telus Prepaid for many years. I was looking for a better service provider and I found Public Mobile on the net. Ordered a sim card from PM and have never looked back. The service is great. Price range is great. !!

Rockdaddy22
That's great to hear @nrim welcome to the PM family:)

nrim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was with Virgin mobile for close to 7 years before making the switch.  Haven't regretted it for a second.

bradp36
I was with Bell for three years. Had a pretty good plan (talk and text for $22 a month) but not having data was a bummer.

srlawren

@DonS yes, no need to pay extra for a phone subsidy you're not using!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

DonS

I've been with Rogers forever, but I've bought Nexus phones directly from Google for years, so I've always wanted a phone service that was made for do-it-yourselfers. Finally, thank you PM!

Van_1

I was with Telus for years but seeing as I was happy with my phone and not the plan ($70/month) thought I would look around. Stumbled onto PM's site and liked the idea. Bonus that it is the Telus network as I didn't end up having to unlock my phone. Set up was a breeze (thanks to some awesome community Q&As from the past) and service has been great so far. Smiley Very Happy

ryanluttrell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I've been with Bell and Telus in the past, both offered great reception but their customer service was never up to standard and their plans were getting more and more expensive. I love PM's progressive online approach

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @srlawren,

I was serious!

LOL!

Rockdaddy22
Don't worry, the last 2 won't be sold for long lol

srlawren

@Rockdaddy22 oops sorry I didn't get it.  Normally I'm pretty fleunt in sarcasm and irony!

@Martin see, now that one, I definitely got!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

I've heard of Android phones, but never iPhones, Blackberries, or Windows phones. Are the last three phones sold in Canada?

Please advise.

Rockdaddy22
It was a joke lol not a very good one. People hate iPhone here 😞 but that's ok lol

srlawren

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

I'm sure you can tell, the iPhone is the community favourite 🙂 lol

@Rockdaddy22 I'm not so sure about that, there's a lot of us on Android, too!  (And some on BlackBerry.  I bet there's even a few Windows 8/10 folks out there, if we looked hard enough!)

@7789849803 wrote:

#anotherreasoniuseandroid Smiley Tongue

@7789849803 This!  🙂

srlawren

@TroyDaBes wrote:

@benchen5 Yup. You are pretty much in Telus but with cheaper bill. Welcome aboard!

Hear hear!  @TroyDaBes @benchen5

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@benchen5 Yup. You are pretty much in Telus but with cheaper bill. Welcome aboard!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @benchen5,

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Cheers.

benchen5
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was with Telus and before switching to Public Mobile, spoke to Telus retention to see if they were able to offer me anything to match what Public Mobile offers. They were not able to even come close to matching it and the rep was very up front about it. In the end, Telus offered a great service for the duration I was with them but Public Mobile is part of Telus anyway. Happy I made the switch and only wished I had done it sooner!

Janterry
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Bell 😱

#anotherreasoniuseandroid Smiley Tongue

Need Help? Let's chat.