cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daki28
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

@Asher2 wrote:

A year ago I thought that Dot Mobile was a scam. 

But now that there are many news stories about Dot Mobile and it has been approved by the CRTC as the first MVNO in Canada. I now believe it.

I may actually port over to Dot Mobile in the future, as I get a free full plan since I am a founder member..

Just a note that 'DotMobile' has extended their 'offer' till end of February for becoming founding member which means free phone/sms service for lifetime. You would just have to buy data but all other should be free. I'm really not sure if anything will come out of this, but it is not hard to go and create an account (or more of them) and see what happens. It costs you only few min to do that, nothing else. They don't require almost any information, like address or credit card or anything. Just a username and password. So I suggest you if you don't have an account, create one. If dotmobile becomes real thing, you will have free phone. If not, well you tried. 

🙂

Pawprints1986
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

Well this is certainly disappointing, thankfully no current interest in a plan change. But this is not "more options" but rather "less included" so people will have to still buy minutes. 

I know this was brought on by telus and not PM directly, but this is a *bad* move. 

Of note, they've done the same at koodo for prepaid and looks like are doing the same at telus as well

Also of note, chatr and lucky are still advertising Canada wide. Should anyone need to switch plan after the promo I can't see them sticking around here, unless they've built up enough rewards to make up the difference. But even then it won't feel like rewards anymore, but rather rewards bringing them to regular price

Do they have plans to eventually wipe out prepaid within the telus brands entirely? Or something. Post paid is still Canada wide at least at koodo, can't even imagine how angry they would be!

maheshboloor

Apparently this same change is happening on Koodo as well. Expect mass exodus from Telus flanker brands. I mean, who comes up with these change of plans. Smh.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@daki28  @Asher2 and @BearFBI  

For good measure I added a second email at Dot mobile.....I wonder maybe there's only 5000 founding members after all.....with 2 accounts.

daki28

@darlicious wrote:

@daki28  @Asher2 and @BearFBI  

For good measure I added a second email at Dot mobile.....I wonder maybe there's only 5000 founding members after all.....with 2 accounts.

@darlicious I wouldn't be surprised that there are many people with more than one account, but I don't think it really matters. Even if it works, I don't need 2 lines for myself so somebody from my family will take it and become another customer. Not sure what dotmobile is getting unless they must have some base of customers to even get license. They know that where people are mostly spending money is data so since they will sell it, it is still a deal for them. So for them, this 'founding member' might be go/no go and they are fine to do it this way.. 

I hope it will become real thing. 🙂

dude65

@maheshboloor ... I think we know who comes up these. Its the ones that want higher wages and bigger bonuses

Chanah

I read somewhere that koodo is going to Canada-only texting (without an add-on). This is getting ridiculous.

@Chanah wrote:

I read somewhere that koodo is going to Canada-only texting (without an add-on). This is getting ridiculous.

I wish I could tell you that this wasn't true.  The best customers can hope for is that Rogers and Bell don't copy Telus and Telus is embarrassed into rolling back the changes.

Asher2

@darlicious Hmmm I only just saw this for some reason. Public Mobile is no longer giving me email notifications when I get tagged 🧐

Weird

Need Help? Let's chat.