cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get $20 for Free When You Sign Up for KOHO with the Code PUBLICMOBILE

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer will expire on February 14th, 2019.

KOHO-img.png

The holiday season is a lot of great things, but cheap isn’t one of them! That’s why Public Mobile has partnered with KOHO to help you accelerate your savings and earn a little free money too.

KOHO is a financial tech company whose mission it is to make finances simple and transparent. They offer a slick reloadable Visa card and an integrated app. Get real-time insights into your money, automate your savings goals, and earn instant cash-back on all your purchases. KOHO is also free, because paying bank fees is so 2018.

Download the app now to get $20 when you join KOHO with the promo code PUBLICMOBILE.

The Public Mobile promotional code is available to the first 1000 customers.
Offer only available for Public Mobile customers.

Let’s break it down, step-by-step:

1. Download the KOHO app and sign up with the promo code PUBLICMOBILE

2. Add funds to your KOHO account and make your first purchase

3. You don’t have to wait for your physical card to arrive. Shop online instantly by creating a virtual card in the app!

4. Once you make your first purchase, $20 will instantly be added to your KOHO account

KOHO is backed by some of Canada’s leading investors, and your funds are held securely by Peoples Trust.
57 REPLIES 57

Dan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@danlee wrote:

So as some mentioned that there's a $1/mth.

Is there a way to receive the credit without getting ding?

The $1/mth is after a year if you don't have activity on the card for 90 days. You could use paypal to deposit $15 on the card, and then again use paypal to withdraw those $15 back to paypal every 90-ish days if you don't have other uses for the card. Or you could cancel the card by then.

danlee

So as some mentioned that there's a $1/mth.

Is there a way to receive the credit without getting ding?

tajachaschowy69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What is rocko

Noosiekins

@bridonca wrote:

Do you have to be a new customer of KOHO, Public Mobile, or both?  I am an existing customer of both, so it does not look like this is of any use to me.

same situation over here. I saw that they cross promoted too. 

d_waltz

I'm pretty sure you just have to be a new customer to KOHO, they're offering this to existing Public Mobile customers. 😕

d_waltz

I'd love to sign up for free $20 but Im worried about how to cancel or what the app would do with my personal information. Not taking the risk on this one, too bad :/.

StewartMann
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have used Koho for a couple of months.

I use it for on-line payments and just top it up when I want to buy something.  They offer secure virtual cards

I top up by e-transfer from my bank account, it arrives very quickly and Koho refunds the bank charge.

You get back 0.5% back on all transactions.

Service has been good and the phone app works well.

I prefer to use this online rather than credit cards as it seems to be more secure.

Asima

A nice offer but at the moment I will prefer to stay away from any of these apps. I don't like using phone for payments. But thanks.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mir88 wrote:

What about customers who have koho already??

@mir88You get nothing. It's a signup bonus but you can't sign up if you're already signed up. As per koho cardholder agreement https://www.koho.ca/cardholder-agreement/

"are restricted to one (1) Card per person."

mir88

What about customers who have koho already??

danielj

By making it that people have to "Download the KOHO app ..." the promotion is being baised against BlackBerry Operating System Phone users. Bit more of an issue of BlackBerry Operating System then the promotion.

dna2016

@RobertQc, agreed.  I reviewed their website, and looks sketchy right form the outset.  I'm somewhat surprised PM/Telus would associate themselves with this company.  But then again, I guess marijuana is legal to a certain degree.  Let's see how long this relationship lasts.

This is actually a requirement of the Canadian Revenue Agency.  It's for your own protection.

Carld123

@Poogzley

Here's what I got...Screenshot_2018-12-19-08-17-55.png

Poogzley

@Carld123 wrote:

Looked at the offer as my kids saw it and thought wow free money..but sending a copy of a personal bank statement for a prepaid CC? Lol..👎👎

That is strange... They did not ask me for that when I registered.

Carld123

Looked at the offer as my kids saw it and thought wow free money..but sending a copy of a personal bank statement for a prepaid CC? Lol..👎👎

kpurest

Thats great information. 

I used to use Koho prepaid Visa card and it worth to use and combined public mobile network. That’s good news. 

Dan

@Poogzley

That's funny, because the PM referral is exactly the same:

https://app.koho.ca/referral/PUBLICMOBILE

Poogzley

This one will get you between 20$ and 60$ after your initial deposit/purchase!

More info

edited by computergeek541:  removed attempt for financial gain as per community guidelines

smp99

So this has nothing to do with getting a free hockey stick?

@RobertQc wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

@RobertQc& @Jessica_T

It is a Credit Union, not a Bank so all kinds of differences

Although I agree with branding not to my taste, it is not being marketed to my age group, and those leaves are legal for now (next time vote out the worst PM in our nations history if you wish to make a political point)

@kav2001c@ShawnC13

I don't mind someone showing off marijuana leafs, I mind when someone in the financial sector that is holding onto my money shows off marijuana leafs.

I described them as "take my money now and give it to me later". Not a bank. I never said they were a bank. I used "if my bank" as an example to banks I currently bank at would no longer be my bank if they displayed marijuana (or beer, or anything that can intoxicate you, or get tested road side)

I don't follow any politics.

@RobertQc, was I tagged by mistake as I haven't commented in thread?  I will now agree with no on the advertising, I am not who they are targeting and agree on the other statement that was made by someone else about PM Jellyfish (no spine)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@kav2001c wrote:

@RobertQc& @Jessica_T

Although I agree with branding not to my taste, it is not being marketed to my age group, and those leaves are legal for now (next time vote out the worst PM in our nations history if you wish to make a political point)

Sorry that genie cannot be stuffed back into the bottle.  If you didn't like NEP rev. 1 from dad, you get to taste NEP rev. 2 from son.  Sorry for getting politcal. 

Getting back on topic, I am not into setting up online account after online account.  In fact, I am seeking to close accounts.  It is part of the strategy to minimize the attack surface.  It doesn't matter if I select a 32 character password when providers store it in plain text, unsalted on their unprotected servers. 

@kav2001c wrote:

@RobertQc& @Jessica_T

@kav2001c

I don't mind someone showing off marijuana leafs, I mind when someone in the financial sector that is holding onto my money shows off marijuana leafs.

I described them as "take my money now and give it to me later". Not a bank. I never said they were a bank. I used "if my bank" as an example to banks I currently bank at would no longer be my bank if they displayed marijuana (or beer, or anything that can intoxicate you, or get tested road side)

I don't follow any politics.

@RobertQc& @Jessica_T

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Call me old fashion, but when someone uses marijuana leafs all over their home page with clear visual text "JUST LIKE DRUG" and wants to take my money now and give it to me later... Red flags. If the home page of my bank showed people promoting beer (regardless of my choice of liking it or not), I would switch banks.

marijuana.png

Edit-

@Alan_K wrote:

KOHO is a financial tech company whose mission it is to make finances simple and transparent.

Thanks for opening my eyes even further @Jessica_T I don't smell transparent... When it says "No Fees." With a period and no asterisk it is supposed to mean that word is bond, but its not to Koho.

I like this one. "KOHO may provide you with marketing or promotional materials through the Site. KOHO may have arrangements in place in connection with any such marketing or promotional materials where we may be entitled to receive a referral or other fees from third parties."

You agree they can sell your personal information to anyone they want. They give you a  one time $20 bonus, but they sell your information. Is a major loss of privacy worth $20?

Why not go to the post office and buy an untraceable visa gift card? It works with auto-payments.

Jessica_T

No thanks. I feel misrepresentation. The home page promotes "NO FEES" but if you read the terms of service / card holder agreement they have fees. $1 per month unless you use it every 90 days?

"Subject to applicable KOHO Card fees" How can there be an "inactivity FEE" and "NO FEES" at the same time?

https://www.koho.ca/cardholder-agreement/

Inactivity Fee (Starting month 13 after activation, billed monthly if your Card has not been used for 90 days)$1.00

no fees.png

Funds loaded onto the Card are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC).

bridonca

Do you have to be a new customer of KOHO, Public Mobile, or both?  I am an existing customer of both, so it does not look like this is of any use to me.

Need Help? Let's chat.