cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Competitive Response: Limited Time Offer for Freedom Mobile Customers only

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update: We will be extending our Freedom competitive response promo to July 6th 11:59 pm EDT.

Hey Community,

As a competitive response, Public Mobile will be offering Freedom mobile only customers, an offer due to their current LTE plan from now until July 6th (11:59 pm EDT).

• Unlimited Province-Wide talk, unlimited global text and 12GB of data (4GB/month) on a 90-day plan for $120 (about $40/month).

All this on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.  

Check out more details below or click here to learn more.  For our current customers, this is an opportunity to give your friends true freedom while earning your first, second, or even fifth referral credit.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited time and will end effectively on July 6th 11:59 pm EDT
  • In order to get the plan, Freedom Mobile customers must activate on the specified plan and port-in their number upon activation during the promotional period.  
  • The end date communicated is the last day any new customer from Freedom mobile can port-in and activate on the promotional plan. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the specified plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

IMPORTANT: Getting the plan

As a Freedom Mobile customer, you can sign up for the promotional plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Once you have your SIM card in hand, please note the following:

1. During the activation process, you will be prompted to enter your current phone number and current provider account information in order to successfully port your number over.  
  2. In the activation process, you will be prompted to choose a plan.  Please select the following combination in our plans calculator:
  • 90-day plan
  • Unlimited Province-wide Talk
  • Plan Subtotal: $120
  • 6GB*data (+6GB bonus will be added within 72 hours - that’s 12GB over 90 days = 4GB/month for $40!)
  • Unlimited Global Text

3. Register on the above plan and complete the activation process.  Once activated, your data plan will be upgraded from 6GB per 90 days to 12GB per 90 days within 72 hours.  Note: Within 72 hours, your 6GB bonus will be applied. Please check your online account/self-serve to verify you have received your bonus 6GB.

Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only, so hurry and activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service. More questions? Check out our FAQ by clicking on the spoiler button below.

Spoiler

Promo Plan Specific Questions

Question

Response

Q: How long will this plan be in market?

This plan will be in market until the communicated end date on the Community. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Q: The promo offered to Freedom port-in customers isn’t in the calculator, how do I get it?

If you’re a Freedom customer, activate your SIM on the 90 day, province-wide talk, global text, 6GB $120 plan and port-in your Freedom number UPON ACTIVATION. Note: Within 72 hours, your 6GB bonus will be applied. Please check your online account/self-serve to verify you have received your bonus 6GB. When the bonus 6GB are added, your plan will include a total of 12GB of data.

Q: If I activate on the 90 day, province-wide talk, global text, 6GB $120 plan and port-in my Freedom number upon activation, how will I know when I have received my bonus data?

Within 72 hours, your 6GB bonus will be applied. Please check your online account/self-serve to verify you have received your bonus 6GB. When the bonus 6GB are added, your plan will include a total of 12GB of data.

Q: I’m a Public Mobile customer, am I eligible for the promotion?

We appreciate your loyalty, but unfortunately, this plan is available only to Freedom customers. Stay tuned for future promotional offers.

Q: If I register on the promo plan, how can I call out of province? Will I be charged for calling out of province?

You will be unable to call out of province on this promo plan and will, therefore, not be charged for calling out of province.  If you want to do so, you will need to purchase one of our Long Distance Add-ons.  It’s a great option for anyone who is looking to call anywhere in Canada.  To learn more about our Long Distance Add-Ons visit our plans page.  

Q: The promo has ended and I ordered my SIM card 3 days ago.  Even though it hasn’t arrived yet, can I still get the plan?

The end date is the last day to activate and get the promotional offer.  The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promotional plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and not yet arrived or activated.

Q: I just ordered my SIM card but I don’t know if I’ll get it before the promo end date.  Will you still honour the promotional plan for me?

No.  We will not honour the promo for you.  As communicated, the promo end date is the last day to activate to get the promo.  The promo will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promo plan by the deadline.  

Q: Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.   

Public Mobile Community team

66 REPLIES 66

JakeH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That is great news as I have one daughter on PM and one with 'whos name we shall not say'. I will order a new sim and start to port her today. 

Can I activate the new sim, to my current account and still be eligilible for the promo, or does it have to be to a totally new account?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Welcome to our awesome Community @JakeH 🙂

Yes, the extra 6GB remain after the initial 90 days!

Jeremy

JakeH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does the extra 4 gig remain after the initial 90 days, or after the initial 90 days upon reneawal for the next 90 days do you lose the extra 2 gig per month?

Mana
Mayor / Maire

That's right.

Kick some Freedom Mobile ass @Jeremy_M.

Don't let them take PM's customers.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Niceeeee!!!

Bravo @Jeremy_M

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Shots fired Cat Embarassed