cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired

Call issues this morning

Hi Community,

First off, thank you for your patience as we went through a local calls issue due to a software glitch. Please note that data, and texts worked during this time. 

As of 10:30am EDT, the issue was resolved and announced within the community thread. 

Going forward, we will do our best to do the following:

1. Advise the Community that the we are aware of the issue and working to resolve
  2. Update the Community through posts, social media as to any resolution updates
  3. Update the Community through posts, social media as to when the issue has been resolved

If you continue to experience any issues, please contact our wonderful moderator team.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will communicate more frequently as things arise going forward.

-Public Mobile Community Team

ShawnC13
Oracle

Re: Call issues this morning

@Jeremy_M, thanks for the udpdate and glad to hear that things have been resolved.  We do hope that if this happens again that it will get posted by PM to let the users know that PM is aware of the situation and is working on it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

thapager
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Glad things are up and working again. At first, I thought it may have been a rouge employee may have did something similar like Twitter did to Trump in the States. 🙂

NDesai
Oracle

Thanks for the update. 

This is a must and should always have a dedicated person going through the community topics on a daily basis. We weren't advised about the add-on purchase and activation glitch. No matter how small the affect is, letting us know is much better than nothing. 

Jeremy_M wrote: 

Going forward, we will do our best to do the following:

1. Advise the Community that the we are aware of the issue and working to resolve
  2. Update the Community through posts, social media as to any resolution updates
  3. Update the Community through posts, social media as to when the issue has been resolved

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

will13am
Oracle

Thanks for the update.  Timely news is always appreciated even if it is bad news.  I take it this means the labs suggestion I just put is has progressed from new idea to idea completed in heart beat!  Smiley Happy

Tracysolano77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone is not working still. I already message the moderator..

mimmo
Oracle

Thanks, Glad to see some communication. and that a communication plan has been identifed. It only took two major "loss of service issues" 😞  Maybe this same procedure can also be used when there is a backlog of support requests as well

As always an informed customer is a "happier" customer, not nessisarly a happy one.

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for the update. The community will certainly appreciate more timely communication next time. Perhaps there could be a section of the website where people could navigate to in order to check current network status? 

RLBL

Thanks for the information... 

Ironically, my wife's voice quality on her Nexus 5x is crap. Today it was fine. While we talking the call dropped around the time state above, and when service was restored, her voice quality was crap again.

Likely a coincidence...

MVP

I did not experience the problem myself, but it makes me very uncomfortable,

as one of my line requires an enhanced reliability.

I guess it would be a bit more reassuring for many users to obtain some more extended info about the incident:

- what (or who? 🙂 ) caused it? What are some technical details you can disclose?

- were all users affected, or just some of us?

- was it a local PM problem, or extending also to Koodo/Telus?

-"local calls issue due to a software glitch"... Was it the same PM software that causes all other glitches? Or different software.

Thank you in advance for some more detailed explanations...

Need Help? Let's chat.