cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a phone number - Splitting from Family plan

naotsugulh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I'm currently bundled with a relative. I want to break off and have my phone bill under my own name, and I want to come to Public Mobile. How would I do this if the phone bill is under my relative's name? My contract expires middle of the month. Not sure how to go about doing it. Currently with Bell.

2 REPLIES 2

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@naotsugulh wrote:

Hi. I'm currently bundled with a relative. I want to break off and have my phone bill under my own name, and I want to come to Public Mobile. How would I do this if the phone bill is under my relative's name? My contract expires middle of the month. Not sure how to go about doing it. Currently with Bell.

Hi @naotsugulh ,

I ported my Bell landline and it went pretty smoothly.

You must purchase a Public Mobile SIM card, then follow activation steps:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-started

You will need your landline provider's account number and the account should be in your name if this cell phone is in your name. BUT if the Bell account is under your relative's name you will need to enter your relative's name and account number during the porting process.

You can have your name connected to the Public Mobile account, you can do this also in you SELF SERVE account after it is created.

Do not close the landline account with your current provider, if you do you may not get the phone number. When the phone number is fully ported to Public Mobile your landline phone will be cancelled.

@naotsugulh wrote:

The name on the Public Mobile account can be anything.  However, when providing the details for the number porting, Bell account holder's name needs to be provided on the number portability form or when providing porting information to the moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.