cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cell phone network booster for cabin

anwood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Everyone,

I would like to purchase a booster for my cell phone to use when we are at our cabin. There is no electricity there so would be using a car battery when using the booster. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this? I was thinking a truck booster but thought maybe there was something designed for a cabin that I can put an antennae on the roof and signal strengtheners on outside of cabin. I'm just not sure where to begin. I've googled and seen some suggestions from American companies but they are for verizon etc. Purchasing something online when one hasn't tried is a bit of a gamble. If anyone has any good resources or suggestions please pass them along. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

JuniorJunior
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you tried solar panel?  You can get a 100 watts panel, marine deep cycle battery, & an inverter (12v DC to 110v ac) that can be very simple to set up and can even provide some other usage, such as LED lights, and other low demand usage.   The panel does not have to be permanently mounted on the roof - it can be simply proped up on the ground level - where you have good sun exposure.  Then when you leave, you can bring it back in to the cabin, & lock them up.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I did a quick google search and this site came up.  It looks like their gear will work for Canadian providers.  As far as powering them, I suppose you can get an inverter to convert DC back to AC if these unit can't be connected to your DC power source. 

https://www.surecall.com/CA/signal-booster/

Need Help? Let's chat.