cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whistle Out phone plan comparison

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Does or did anyone use Whistleout to find a cheaper phone plan? 

I been looking at it now for the Australian market and their MEDIUM plan has unlimited everything and 30GB of data for $30 which equates to $1.00 per Gigabit. Even public mobile on a limited time sale of an add on is more expensive (and is cheaper then the plans cost per gigabit even at the high end)

Now that is what I call and there is a special offer from another company that is offering for $28 100GB and then after 12 months to $38

And there is one from T4G TPG has unlimited everything and 14GB of data for only $12.50 for the first 6 months then goes up to the regular price of $25 and OPTUS has rollover data of a standard 30GB a month but with a promotion of an extra 25GB for 50GB unlimited everything for $25 

If Australia can do it because they have more competition then why can't we do it here

5 REPLIES 5

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@brettster99 

It was Whistleout where I found out about Public Mobile when I was looking to find something less expensive than my previous provider. 

It does amaze me though that whenever the talk comes up of allowing more competition in the Canadian market to reduce prices, some major providers push that there is plenty already.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99 Yeah, it is known that in other countries the price for phone and internet plans are way cheaper than here😅

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99 as you look around the world you'll be saddened by the rates of other countries. I was going to post some rates and it seemed pointless because the rates elsewhere are so cheap. What it truly shows is that we are getting taken, like really taken. Unless the cost to operate telecom in Canada is exponentially higher.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@brettster99  I saw a thread on RFD about getting a Mexican sim from Amazon for 70$ I think and that gives you 12gb of data /month while in Canada . The 70 gets you 3 months worth 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Comparison against other countries have been made ad nauseam.  Sadly, to get the Auzzie cell pricing one has to live in Australia.  I am sure we have certain things that are cost competitive.  You gotta take the good with the bad.  

Need Help? Let's chat.