cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte

GR
Mayor / Maire

Any rumors on anything coming down the pipes for the future with public mobile.  Only thing I'd like more is to have voice over lte.  I see all the bigger carriers coming out with cheaper plans and more data so I'm hoping public mobile has stuff in the works to improve also! 

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Charleygurl wrote:

I just got a message from PW about changes coming in March about possible reduced Voice coverage in my area. Does anyone know what this is about? Are they doing it to improve data? 

@Charleygurl you may want to have a look here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Mani...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Charleygurl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just got a message from PW about changes coming in March about possible reduced Voice coverage in my area. Does anyone know what this is about? Are they doing it to improve data? 

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@PCW That definitely does sound very reasonable and I believe that you may be right but only time will tell

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PCW Oh. What provider is this ? 

PCW
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wonder if the release of 5G would help speed up this process?

I assuming that Telus would get 5G, while Koodo gets a mix, and finally PM moving fully onto 4G. 

One can only hope. 

Although if really want VOLTE, there is another Canadian provider that has better offerings, only if you purchase/have one of their listed phones. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile is a tier 3 laggard when it comes to adopting new innovations.  It just is not the brand's bread and butter.  Most customers have come to accept it, grudgingly anyway.  What will push VoLTE is the eventual switching off of the 3G network to repurpose the bandwidth.  

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

PM hard at work on novel offerings.

ColossusRebuild_11.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.