cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tapatalk?

Korth
Mayor / Maire

What is tapatalk? And why do so many of the sites I visit keep insisting that I need it?

People say it's some kind of app which "streamlines" web forums. Sounds great except they're always vague, they can't explain it because (I think) they don't really understand exactly what it does.

I have no problems accessing web forums through browsers. Even on mobile devices. So why would I want to install the app, what would it do that makes it worthwhile? Seems like just another useless chunk of bloat and unwanted information tracker I don't need and don't want to install.

3 REPLIES 3

@Korth 

I think the benefit for the user especially if they are achive on several forums and want to have a good profile it kind of prescreens you....like a calling card from yesteryear.

But I already have an app that conveniently accesses all forums. My web browser.

It has favourites, it has history, it has search, it has autocomplete - I usually only need to type one or two letters to get right where I want to be. It also supports extensions and blockers and filters so I don't have to have garbage spewed into my face if I don't want to see it.

What does Tapatalk do that a browser doesn't do? I'm not convinced it does anything useful other than put an icon on your desktop.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Korth 

I read up on Tapatalk somewhat....and i will be reading some more as the concept and objective is intriguing. Some of their mandate would be effective here although it both addresses a couple of the bigger issues that get discussed here....rewards and quality of posts.

The easy explanation of tapatalk is its an app allowing easy sign in to all ofo the forums one participates in....but its a little less an app for users and more for developers, owners and creators of community forums no matter how big or small you are.....it not only helps moderate participants behavior and reputation across all forums it also tracks qualitive posts and rewards them so that participants are rewarded for keeping a forum effective, on topic and current. Done without direct advertising and the opportunity for smaller user run "hobbyist" forums to access the tools and support normally reserved for larger profit driven corporate communities.

Need Help? Let's chat.