cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10

powerg21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello everyone,

Anyone going to get the new Samsung Galaxy S10 when it comes out next month?  Prices for top of the line cellphone are way too expensive now!

25 REPLIES 25

Rob_K
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've seen soeme up to $400 promos on the S10 and my S7 Edge is starting to have worsening battery life.  But they cost is just so high even with a promo.   I do like the S7 and I'm sure the S10's are even better but I think I'll hold off for another year or two.  I've had an OnePlus One and HTC HD7 amoung other phones, and the gf has a LG G6 and some Nexus's before that.  I'll have to say the S7 has been my favorite and most reliable so far.  Although my OPO has been my kids 'tablet' for the last two years and is still doing extermely well, I had a microphone problem with it and accidently ordered a Chinese version so I didnt have LTE on it.  

I know eh @Anonymous. It's pretty sad when customers provide better information than some of the mods.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoWee wrote:

Hi everyone! Guys, I am just curious, do you use vpn on your mobile phones? And if you do, which vpn services do you prefer?

@JoWee 

Goodness gracious! These new mods.

You can absolutely use a vpn service on your phone. There are lots of them. I happen to have chosen Ivacy.

Andrei_DA
Customer Support Agent

Hello!

Public Mobile does not use VPN services and does not sell mobile devices, we consider ourselves a SIM-only company!

You can send a private message to the Moderator Team ( click here ) with more details regarding your inquiry and we will gladly help you out!

Keep in mind that you have to be logged in your Community account for the link to work.  

JoWee
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

Hi everyone! Guys, I am just curious, do you use vpn on your mobile phones? And if you do, which vpn services do you prefer?

@srlawren wrote:

@powerg21  no, it has been confirmed by @sheytoon in the past that there is no prioritization difference between the 3 brands.  He went into a great deal of technical detail, though i fear I didn't bookmark those threads to reference.

Yes, that's correct @srlawren. All 3 brands have the same prioritizations between them. PM or Koodo users have no priority over Telus and vice versa.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@powerg21 wrote:

Telus, Koodo and Public Mobile are all on the same network but Telus may have network priority over the others.  Can anyone confirms this, maybe a Moderator?

@powerg21  no, it has been confirmed by @sheytoon in the past that there is no prioritization difference between the 3 brands.  He went into a great deal of technical detail, though i fear I didn't bookmark those threads to reference.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

powerg21

No way. That phone is way too expensive for my liking. I rather get the S10 at a reasonable price that is under $1000.

powerg21

Telus, Koodo and Public Mobile are all on the same network but Telus may have network priority over the others.  Can anyone confirms this, maybe a Moderator?

@Durpmaster wrote:

Isn't Public Mobile cheaper with better coverage than places like Koodo?

Public Mobile and Koodo are both using the exact same network.

Durpmaster
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

Isn't Public Mobile cheaper with better coverage than places like Koodo?

@Andu_S wrote:

Howdy, @powerg21

Most of the time a manufacturer will sell an image and then the actual smartphone and I can tell you that there are other devices that have performances close to the S10 like the phone brands called ASUS or Xiaomi.

Of course time will pass and the S10 will become cheap in a couple of months, but what's important is that if you want an advice I can recommend Koodo at least you can see from our sister company what are the actual offers if you want to upgrade to an S10 under the Tab programme just click here .

+1!.  Koodo offered the S9 on medium tab during boxing week last year. 

@Andu_S wrote:

Hello, @srlawren!

I agree that it will not drop enough to be cheap, but you may never know what will happen on the phone market and perhaps someone wins a Samsung phone through a contest or something similar.

However, if any of you, find individuals who claim that they sell unlocked devices from Samsung, Apple or other brands on Kijiji or other online garage sales, by all means, do not purchase them.

I am giving this advise just to avoid problems with these type of persons who don't have valid documents to demonstrate that their devices are 100% unlocked or not.

+1!.  My favorite shopping forum has sticked the discussion about buying phones on Kijiji and the possibility of being blacklisted.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/buying-phones-kijiji-blacklisted-2130169/

Andu_S
Customer Support Agent

Hello, @srlawren!

I agree that it will not drop enough to be cheap, but you may never know what will happen on the phone market and perhaps someone wins a Samsung phone through a contest or something similar.

However, if any of you, find individuals who claim that they sell unlocked devices from Samsung, Apple or other brands on Kijiji or other online garage sales, by all means, do not purchase them.

I am giving this advise just to avoid problems with these type of persons who don't have valid documents to demonstrate that their devices are 100% unlocked or not.

srlawren

@Andu_S wrote:

Of course time will pass and the S10 will become cheap in a couple of months

@Andu_S while it will almost certainly get cheaper, I highly doubt it will drop enough to be considered cheap.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

powerg21

Thanks for the advise.  I am not interested in getting an S10 right now as it's too expensive. I am willing to wait a while for the prices to drop significantly. 

Andu_S
Customer Support Agent

Howdy, @powerg21

Most of the time a manufacturer will sell an image and then the actual smartphone and I can tell you that there are other devices that have performances close to the S10 like the phone brands called ASUS or Xiaomi.

Of course time will pass and the S10 will become cheap in a couple of months, but what's important is that if you want an advice I can recommend Koodo at least you can see from our sister company what are the actual offers if you want to upgrade to an S10 under the Tab programme just click here .

powerg21

If you want to save some money, buy the phones on ebay. There are few companies like Wireless Canada, Gizmo, and Toronto Cellular (on ebay) that sells US verisons of the same phone (new and refurbished).  I have purchased 4 NEW Samsung Galaxy S7 for my family from these sellers and they work great (1 Sprint model, 2 T-Mobile models, and 1 Verizon model).  The last one I bought cost $187 after ebay15% discount.   

@stonechucker wrote:

I've only ever had one Samsung Galaxy phone, it was a Nexus device.  That was a great phone, which I replaced with the (LG) Nexus 5.

Google screwed up by ending the Nexus devices, moving into the Pixel line up.  Trying to be the Apple of Androids for stupidly priced devices with 'stock' operating system.

Gone are the days of getting a great phone at a reasonable price.

Don't get mad, get even.  As I mentioned in my earlier post, I owned a Samsung Note 2 back in the day.  Today, Samsung is off my radar screen.  I also owned a Nexus S, followed by a Nexus 4.  When Google lost their way, I moved on.  I haven't purchased a Nexus or Pixel product ever since.  My latest purchase was a LG G7 one.  I used to swear that I won't buy another LG phone because of all their bootloop problems.  My first one was the optimus one P500.  The G7 ones didn't seem to have bootloop issues and android one alleviates the software update concerns.  So I gave LG a second chance.  So far so good.  I can't complain about the price as well, just under $200 all in. 

All companies and their products can evolve with time.  As customer, we have go with the flow and be adept and flexible on our feet.  Loyalty to the wallet is unwavering, to any particular brand not so much. 

srlawren

@stonechucker wrote:

@stonechucker not sure I agree with this.  General industry direction is that the mid-tier and low end device keep getting better and better, even though yes the flagships keep getting more and more expensive.

There are a number of "reasonably" priced phones out there today that are great performers, albeit not at the full flagship level of performance of features, though many of those things are far from dealberakers.  Have a look at offerings from Honor (Huawei's cheaper brand), Xiaomi, Nokia, Motorola (G-series in particular) and you can see some really great devices at mid-tier pricing.  Go a little higher and you can pick up a OnePlus with flagship-level performance but missing a few features like wireless charging which to me is a meh anyway, but still much cheaper than a flagship Samsung/LG/Apple device.  Heck, even Samsung's new A30 and A50 mid-tier devices look to be a very strong value, and that's hard to admit!  If you want to save even more you can go with something like a Blu phone from Amazon that are very inexpensive yet do most of what most people need on a day-to-day basis.  

My point is, while I agree that flagships are getting ridiculously priced these days, there's still a lot of great value options.

wickedgx

@powerg21You should definitely flex on us with the Galaxy Flex :3

I've only ever had one Samsung Galaxy phone, it was a Nexus device.  That was a great phone, which I replaced with the (LG) Nexus 5.

Google screwed up by ending the Nexus devices, moving into the Pixel line up.  Trying to be the Apple of Androids for stupidly priced devices with 'stock' operating system.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry, Samsung is not really my cup of tea at any price, particularly overpriced.  I have never taken a liking to the galaxy phone line.  The note phones used to be really good.  I still have a fully functional note 2.  I think at around note 4, Samsung lost their way.  Those wanting this phone at a much cheaper price should be patient and wait for the boxing week deals. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I am liking the Nokia 9.  Buy it the first week of March for $600 US after that goes to $700

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

Very impressive hardware, but not for me.  I'm waiting to pull the tigger on a OnePlus 7 once it's announced.  I'm hoping they've gone away from the optical in-dispaly fingerprint sensor on the 6T to the S10-style sonic in-display fingerprint sensor.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Need Help? Let's chat.