cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Retired Oracles

I noticed after being absent for a couple of days that retired oracles have been given just that the title of retired oracle. A long overdue recognition of their significant contributions to the community and a way for new members to give them the respect they deserve. Although not all former oracles have been given this title.....by choice? I appreciate public mobile making this change to properly recognize all the hard work they have put in the past, present and undoubtedly the future.Screenshot_20200519-230012.png

Re: Retired Oracles

Oracles who recently decided to no longer be part of this program were offered this title. Each Retired Oracle has his reasons for stepping down. Retired Oracles maintain the same abilities as current ones, but without necessarily having the same expectations placed upon them.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

I noticed after being absent for a couple of days that retired oracles have been given just that the title of retired oracle. A long overdue recognition of their significant contributions to the community and a way for new members to give them the respect they deserve. Although not all former oracles have been given this title.....by choice? I appreciate public mobile making this change to properly recognize all the hard work they have put in the past, present and undoubtedly the future.

I'm told there will be an announcement explaining it all soon.  Stay tuned.

@SD08 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

I noticed after being absent for a couple of days that retired oracles have been given just that the title of retired oracle. A long overdue recognition of their significant contributions to the community and a way for new members to give them the respect they deserve. Although not all former oracles have been given this title.....by choice? I appreciate public mobile making this change to properly recognize all the hard work they have put in the past, present and undoubtedly the future.

I'm told there will be an announcement explaining it all soon.  Stay tuned.

The title is in plain view, so it's no secret any more. 

ShawnC13
Oracle

@darlicious yeah this is new today.  It is something we have been asking for quite a while and it is great to see if finally happen and recognize these great folks for all their contributions.  I think the Oracles that have stepped down in the last year or so were offered this.  I know @srlawren retired a few years ago but is definitely deserving of the title.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 @computergeek541 @SD08 

Thank you for the insight. All of the oracles certainly deserve it. It's not a position to be taken lightly and bears a lot of responsibility.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Whats an oracle do?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The Oracles are a small group of Community members who have extensive knowledge about all things Public Mobile, and are passionate about making the Community a better place by helping our members. Oracles have used their knowledge to make a positive impact in the Community, by being helpful and providing constructive solutions and ideals, and their reward is legendary status—we view them as part tech wizard, part boy/girl scout, and part Jedi master.You can always ask an Oracle for help with any problem, but please remember that they’re customers like you, and not Public Mobile employees.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for noticing and bringing this up darlicious.

I think I would've preferred something along the lines of the governmental vein like Governor or something but Retired Oracle gets it done too.

Do stonechucker and Imm1304 need to ask for it? Why don't they have it? That's just on that list above that I can see.

Big shout out to computergeek541. Great work. Always just there. No flame wars as long as I can remember. Enjoy puttering in the garden and Florida in the winters 🙂

Thanks

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

This is really cool to see, it can also help with thiae question some new users have about apecial avatars they can now see that is because the person used to be an oracle and I am sure at heart you all carry that role in some fashion even after hanging up the skates. 

A quick question out of interest. How long do oracles typically stay on as oracles? 

Lastly, thanks for all the work you guys do I have seen nothing but good leadership from each of those atNding as oracles right now. 

Take that with a grain of salt since I am new. 

Need Help? Let's chat.