cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retired Oracles

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I noticed after being absent for a couple of days that retired oracles have been given just that the title of retired oracle. A long overdue recognition of their significant contributions to the community and a way for new members to give them the respect they deserve. Although not all former oracles have been given this title.....by choice? I appreciate public mobile making this change to properly recognize all the hard work they have put in the past, present and undoubtedly the future.Screenshot_20200519-230012.png

59 REPLIES 59

@imm1304 wrote:

Hey @Anonymous , yes I am still a happy PM customer.

I will probably always have at least one account with PM for as long as PM exists. 

I nearly left Public Mobile during the Fall Promo price increase fiasco. I had actually placed my order with Koodo but then changed my mind and backed out.  Now, it would be just plain silly for me to leave Public Mobile, especially after accumulating things such as loyalty rewards. Sure, I'd much rather have full LTE speeds, which I haven't had since abandon my Fall Promo plan for a different one with more data, but the rewards make up for quite a bit of any Public Mobile shorcomings.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Anonymous , yes I am still a happy PM customer.

I will probably always have at least one account with PM for as long as PM exists. 

buang99
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow this is a great community and I'm enjoying it!

Congratulations @Rockdaddy22  and @imm1304  enjoy your golden years...you deserve  it! And I I'll pass on your salutations to the boys!

Rockdaddy22

Of course I am, my family is loyal to Public Mobile. 

Thanks for the welcome everyone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be curious to know if @Rockdaddy22 and @imm1304 are still customers? I see 778?? left the fold.

SD08

@srlawren wrote:

@imm1304 wrote:

We have a deal, @darlicious 

And say hello the newest retired Oracles 😄

@imm1304 I see both yourself and @Rockdaddy22 have joined the ranks.  Welcome!

^ What he said  😊

srlawren

@imm1304 wrote:

@imm1304 I see both yourself and @Rockdaddy22 have joined the ranks.  Welcome!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

@imm1304  If you let @Rockdaddy22  have first pick I'll save you the biggest peace.....between the Oracles and the community we all have to share our piece in the community pie.

imm1304

Hey @darlicious , thank you, I love them all!  😄

@ShawnC13  Whoops....i did something to my keyboard in the last 10 days or so and it autocorrect the weirdest stuff. I've had to correct entire sentences....and it's not even correcting typing or spelling mistakes! It just randomly decides it prefers a word that in no way relates to the original. But I do have that issue with @LurganleUk  and @GR  can't tag either one of them if they are not in the thread thus in the tag pop up window.

@imm1304  Sorry about that.....

@darlicious  that is because it is @imm1304  not 1344

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Somehow all ends with Pies 😁

@Rockdaddy22 

I'm happy to hear it was just a pm oversight. Par for the course. The recognition is richly deserved. We'll pop the champagne on Monday with  @imm1344  (another one I can't tag?!!) Is there a ribbon cutting ceremony? Speeches? Cake.......? I can bring a pie......your choice?

p.s. @computergeek541  the pie pic is a metaphor....20200410_214924-COLLAGE.jpg

Rockdaddy22

Or maybe something else 🙂

I appreciate everything everyone has done.  I received a private message yesterday inviting me to the Retired Oracle program. It was a heartwarming apologetic message that really meant a lot to me, thanks everybody. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Rockdaddy22  

This is for you from everyone who believes you deserve it. U Rockdaddy22!

Maybe he's into geology... 🙂

@Rockdaddy22  

This is for you from everyone who believes you deserve it. U Rockdaddy22!Screenshot_20200522-123656.png

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious  Exactly - some of us still rock it "old school", and wear a watch, and virtually NEVER check time on the phone. 😁

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

I’ve heard of people being forced to retire early, would those people not officially be retired. 

@Rockdaddy22   Sounds reasonable to me, but perhaps you would need to private message Tiana_V as to why you never got the official invite...it might just be an oversight as you know things don't always go as planned around here.  Good luck and maybe we'll see the new title next to your name soon? 😊

@CFPartDeux  O mon dieu monsieur picpickeé not everybody!

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

and youll have to forgo the gold watch but everyone uses their phone to check the time these days.

Wrong again..... 😜

@Rockdaddy22   It seems that it's going to require an asterisk* and youll have to forgo the gold watch but everyone uses their phone to check the time these days.

Rockdaddy22

I’ve heard of people being forced to retire early, would those people not officially be retired. 

Rockdaddy22

I believe it was an honorable discharge lol

@ShawnC13That is a reasonable explanation....maybe he can get it with an asterisk.*

Now if I could only get a reasonable explanation** for replying to you in the lounge rather than having a discussion about this topic.

* sigh...

** Heavy sigh.....

@darlicious, as I said we were told this was offered to Oracles who stepped down recently and srlawren an original Oracle.  Rockdaddy even stated that he did not stop down, that is between him and PM but if you don't step down voluntarily from a position I don't see that as retiring

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 

You made me go reread my posts.....and now I see where you might get that impression. I have probably wrongly assumed in not offering @Rockdaddy22  his deserved recognition by bestowing him the title of retired oracle (im assuming again)...that he did not retain his oracle powers. But really I was just trying to support his bid to be treated equally as his peers.

Sigh....i am so  often misunderstood! You know is always fight for what I think is fair.

@darlicious are you seriously suggesting that all members should have the ability to move threads not just mods, oracles, and retired oracles?

Rockdaddy22

I look forward to a private message 

Need Help? Let's chat.