Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Covid-19 humor

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Original post edited, due to excessive stupidity happenin' around here! 😠

23 REPLIES 23

@Jb456  I'm interested to find out if your 24 hour ban is just that....or will it turn into a permanent one? A little more irony....i never would have imagined that the telling of @big_rick story would lead to a lesson not learned? Different circumstances but the same result and the ability to jump the fence.

You like to transfer stuff to lounge. So use your Oracle privilege for good use : transfer my stay safe posts.

🙂

But you're right. Public mobile thinks. "Stay safe" is annoying to apparently 😂 gave me a one day ban.  Well tried to I guess by blocking one of my ips.

Screenshot_20200405_114115.jpg

@will13am wrote:

@CannonFodder , are stay safe posts worthy of hundreds of bravos?  I get it, giving out bravos is without prejudice.  However, it sure looks like gaming from a distance.  

If you want to make a backhanded accusation of "gaming the system", you need to have way better than THAT, because unless you were in a semi-coma when you posted that accusation, you did so a considerable amount of time BEFORE I started hitting the "Bravo" button on all of Jb456's posts from recent days!!! 😠

@CannonFodder , are stay safe posts worthy of hundreds of bravos?  I get it, giving out bravos is without prejudice.  However, it sure looks like gaming from a distance.  

@CannonFodder wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@CannonFodder , I started the thread, decided the topic and title.  It behooves you and other community members to respect this and not thread jack.  I am totally in favor of free speech.  Go ahead and create as many new threads as you need to cover your favorite topics, including how game the community forum.  

I've asked you twice now.... any chance you're going to elaborate on what the H E double-hockey-sticks you're talking about!? 🤔

Really @will13am , that's all you got - I see you went back to your original post and added the missing word "to", so now the phrase is "how to game the community forum", and STILL the question remains, WHAT are you talking about!? I really would like to know how it is YOU think I "game the community forum".....

I am certain, if what transpired, was on a different thread that was not his. Nothing would have happened. Threads transferred out of the lounge what a joke 🤣 

@will13am wrote:

@CannonFodder , I started the thread, decided the topic and title.  It behooves you and other community members to respect this and not thread jack.  I am totally in favor of free speech.  Go ahead and create as many new threads as you need to cover your favorite topics, including how game the community forum.  

I've asked you twice now.... any chance you're going to elaborate on what the H E double-hockey-sticks you're talking about!? 🤔

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  You win the prize! Choose a new title for this thread....

New title? How 'bout, "COMPLETE & UTTER B.S.!!!", or maybe, "SOUL SEARCHING 101, as taught by someone that ought to take his own advice", or any number of other appropriate titles...... 😠

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CannonFodder @Jb456  I decided I best post this in both related but unrelated threads.

A doctor, a lawyer and a priest walk into a bar and see @ big_rick sitting at the bar with the corona.....and the bartender looks up and says " What is this....a joke? "

*Scribbles (6).png

@will13am wrote:

@CannonFodder , I started the thread, decided the topic and title.  It behooves you and other community members to respect this and not thread jack. 

OMG, "thread jack"!? Something goes off a topic.... YOUR topic, and I have thread jacked it!?!? If the thread was left intact, you'd see that all I did, was wonder aloud(so to speak) how it was, that given the puritan language filter around here, SOMEONE ELSE'S post was allowed!!! 😠  That, and here in the Lounge, where us folks that have "misbehaved"(posted off-topic) before have had our posts sent cuz they went off-topic elsewhere, and now off-topic isn't welcome here either!?!? Like I said earlier, if THIS is the kind of crap that goes on here, this portion of the forums may as well go buh-bye!

I am totally in favor of free speech.  Go ahead and create as many new threads as you need to cover your favorite topics, including how game the community forum.  

English please...... and NOT because I'm pointing out a potential typo, but because I'd like to know what you were trying to say. 🤔  So @will13am , you got nuthin', to clear up that part I asked you about, right up there in bold?

@CannonFodder , I started the thread, decided the topic and title.  It behooves you and other community members to respect this and not thread jack.  I am totally in favor of free speech.  Go ahead and create as many new threads as you need to cover your favorite topics, including how to game the community forum.  

@CannonFodder  You win the prize! Choose a new title for this thread....and make sure we can all stick to the new subject....pretty much naughty community words....smut, profanity, non PC stuff!

All of this content has been sepearated from the original thread. Threads do go off-topic but it's not necessarily wise to question the decisions of the moderators. Everyone is free to agree or disagree, but at that point, the decision has already been made that the website's rules were either not followed or that it wouldn't have been in the best interest of the Community to allow the content to remain.

Was kinda thinkin' the same thing..... I mean, really, "soul searching"? Just a wee bit over the top. Ok, the thread goes off-topic - big frackin'(those of you BSG fans will know the reference) deal.... we ARE in The Lounge, after all. So does EVERYTHING have to follow a nice, straight line and NEVER go off-topic, EVEN in here? If that's the case, this forum might as well get deleted from existence.... 🙄

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

How this thread which is intended to inject a bit of sanguine into a terrible situation has gone off the rails speaks volumes to what this community is all about.  To question the existence of a terms of use, whether users are required to sign onto those terms and the specifics of the terms suggests that members are thinking of loopholes and what they can get away with.  It's not the terms of use that define the community, but rather what the community is even without it.  Peeps do some soul searching.   

@Korth wrote:

Bad language filters do make interesting reading.

It would be reckless for a business (Public/Telus) to use a default bad language filter programmed by somebody else (Lithium/Khoros) for customer interface. So I expect PM's web department created its own list of bad language and that it can get amended with more bad language as determined necessary.

It ought to be amended alright, but NOT by adding words to it, but rather subtract some from it..... the way it sits right now, it's downright puritan.... seems like it was configured back in the 1940's or 50's. 🙄 👎

@Korth  Once you are accepted into the community there maybe leeway but make a mistake (joke) with your username the punishment is swift, harsh and permanent. A few weeks after I joined the community my bf thought he'd be funny and get my attention by private messaging me.

He created a username and registered onto the community and verified it thru his email. I noticed a private message. When I looked at the unfamiliar username I laughed, read the message and messaged my bf back saying that's hilarious but you should probably figure out how to change that or you might get a warning. Needless to say not only did he get a big red warning....we all got a big red warning (roommate too!)

The bf was told to change the username but there was no option to do so....and we were all given a 24 hour ban from using the community. Both were permanent punishments....my IP address for the house is banned and after a few months passed I asked a moderator how to change the bf's username and was told his email is permanently banned. So the community can only be accessed with a VPN or mobile data for the three of us that are pm customers, I've been managing the bf's account up until now....when I finally figured out that I could set him up a community account using an email address alias so he can access customer support and enter some of the contests that the prizes dont require exact email addresses and he will not recieve any community rewards he may or may not earn.

***Don't make the the same mistake for the sake of a laugh! Learn from @big_rick (sic)!!!***

@Jb456

Oh wow!

But I don't remember "agreeing" to that. Either I forgot or it's something new, or both.

@Korth wrote:

It surprises me that PM Community does not force visitors to "agree" to a Code Of Conduct or Terms Of Service thing when registering. Violaters typically get warning, warning, ban, bigger ban, permaban.

I'm guessing no such terms (not even default Lithium/Khoros terms) because the presence of Community Rewards (money) introduces some potentially problematic legal considerations.

To meet the advertising requirements, all Public Mobile has to do is pay out some rewards. The terms of this stite show that Public Mobile modify or even remove a member's Community rewards for bad behavior, or for various other reasons.

Bad language filters do make interesting reading.

It would be reckless for a business (Public/Telus) to use a default bad language filter programmed by somebody else (Lithium/Khoros) for customer interface. So I expect PM's web department created its own list of bad language and that it can get amended with more bad language as determined necessary.

It surprises me that PM Community does not force visitors to "agree" to a Code Of Conduct or Terms Of Service thing when registering. Violaters typically get warning, warning, ban, bigger ban, permaban.

I'm guessing no such terms (not even default Lithium/Khoros terms) because the presence of Community Rewards (money) introduces some potentially problematic legal considerations.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

@CannonFodder  well at least they can block another word now 🤣

Received a message from Mods refrain from posting those in future. They could have also deleted.

In any event I swapped it out with a picture.

@Jb456   I was going to tell that joke to my bf! A spoiler would have been good in this situation.

Edit: Just tested language filter still going strong!

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

@CannonFodder  I guess they should check bad language blocker.

Maybe whatever Khoros update they did that caused the loss of quote button on some mobile devices. Also affected the words.🤣

Well, when I was an admin, on a tech related forum site, which was running on Invision Community software, the language filter on there was entirely configurable by me, and the other folks that had permission to do so, and what was filtered had ZERO to do with Invision, so I suspect the same is true here, i.e. this has PROBABLY been config'd by PM/Telus, and NOT Khoros.

Need Help? Let's chat.